Izuku Midoriya.. Late? never [10]

Izuku POV

Let's just say, my night is going shitty.

Why?

Let's just go with how I'm ready to pass out but still have to meet with the smartest being to ever exist. My legs are aching and bleeding. Everything is bleeding.

Do I have time to fix myself up? Nope.

I'm late enough.

I hop onto the roof of the meetup spot and sit down. It was an abandoned warehouse with a glass like dome shaped roof. I peeked through one of the many broken spots and scout the scene.

There is Nezu, Eraserhead, Present Mic, Midnight, and Endeavor. I groan inwardly at the fact of so many heroes. I really don't feel like dealing with any of their shit.

I slowly climb into the building and hide behind a box. I pull out some bandages that I keep on my and rip my costume more than it already is. I wrap up my right arm that is currently being a pain due to the huge knife wound. It's big, not deep.

I then move down to my legs. I grab some gauze and put it over a nasty gash in my left leg. I held it there with some pressure while grabbing more of the wrap and did it up tightly but not too tight. Once I was satisfied with that, I pulled up part of my shirt to see my stomach. That's where I must have been hit with that quirk.

That's fun. I turn to grab some more, only to be met with none. I have none left. That's just my luck. Let's hope for the best with that.

I use the boxes around me to pull myself up. I look over the boxes and look for the heroes. They are in the same spots they were in before. I step out from behind the boxes and casually walk up behind Present Mic.

"Hey Song Birb." I said while patting him on the back. He jumped and stepped back a couple of feet. "When were you-" he starts but I cut him off. "I've been here for a good half hour." I state while walking away from and and over to some crates. I jump up and sit down, careful of my newly found injuries.

"Then why are you only now showing yourself?" Midnight, the R-rated hero asked. "I was busy." I somewhat answered. "Why is there blood all over your outfit, villain?" Endeavor said, venom seeping through the title he has given me.

"My job gets messy." I said while brushing off my outfit, careful around my stomach. "Nezu. I would have like to have been informed of these guys and woman showing up." I said while waving my hand at everyone in the room.

"I apologise, but it has to do with why you are here." Nezu explained.

"Why can't I sleep. It's been a long night. Plus I've got finals tomorrow." I complained. "So you're just a kid?" Midnight asked. "No, I'm an abnormally short adult." I sassed.

"Sass. Nice." Midnight said, not necessarily trying to be rude in anyway. "Well, can we get this over with? I'd like to not get my ass beaten tonight. Or should I say morning..?" I pondered.

"Yes yes. Of course." Nezu said. He walked over towards me and gestured to the crate next to me. "May I sit down?" he asks politely. I nod and scoot over. "So are those four your bodyguards?" I asked. "No. I just thought that they would like to come." he said.

"Different answer from just a second ago but whatever." I point out. "I would like to ask you some questions over a simple game of chess." the mastermind says while pulling out a chess board.

"I'm a little rusty." I said while cracking my knuckles. "So, interrogation starts now?" I asked. "You aren't being interrogated, kid." Eraserhead said. I brush off his comment and focus on my turn. I move on if my pieces and wait for the questions.

"Did you come up with your Vigilante name?" Nezu asked after his turn. I took a minute before moving a piece and taking out one of his.

i don't know how to play chess leave me aloneeeee

"Nope. Phantom was something brought upon me by the public. At first however; everyone had called me Green since my outfit was all different shades and tints of green." I clarified. He nodded and was staring at the board.

"Why do you do the work that you do?" he asks after moving one of his pawns. "That's a lot of do's. And it's a somewhat long story. And personal." I said while moving one of my own pawns.

"No clues?" Nezu asks while looking straight at me. "I want to be my own hero. Not be someone that some other person wants me to be. I want to be who I want to be. I want to be my own hero. Even if that means having to speed up my process." I said. Everyone stares at me before Midnight speaks up.

"What do you mean?" she muttered out cautiously. "People like me aren't liked. People who either don't have a quirk or don't have a 'hero's' quirk, are tossed out by society. I know first hand. So does my friend." I state with anger behind my words.

"That doesn't mean you need to do what you do." Endeavor said.

"I'm helping others since you sorry ass excuse of heroes aren't!" I protest.

"But you're a kid!" Present Mic added.

"That just proves how lame you type of heroes are. The fact that a kid, someone who is a minor, can do your job better then you." I said while moving a piece. "Checkmate." I said while standing up and hopping off my box. I wince and stagger back slightly.

I must have agitated my wounds because I can feel that they all have pretty much reopened. "You good kid?" Eraserhead asked with either genuine care in his voice, or he's great at lying. I'm going with the latter.

"I'm fin-" I start but get cut off by me coughing up blood. A concerning amount of it actually.

"Oh dear. That's not good." Nezu said with.. worry? They start walking towards me, except for Endeavor. I back up but hit my leg with the edge of a crate. That just made my cut worse. I trip and grab at my leg.

"Back away. Now!" I shout while scooting away. They ignore that and keep walking closer. I stand up and attempt to run, only to be caught by the underground hero's capture weapon.

It wrapped securely around my stomach while caused me to let out a semi loud scream. That caught them all off guard. I ignored the pain and used that as an opportunity. I wiggled out of the scarf and booked it.

To my downfall, I forgot about the flame hero and was stopped by literally running into him. I fall to the ground and scrap my arm, causing the bandage to come off and deepen the wound.

I'm cornered and can't get out.

I don't want to use it. I can't.

But I think I have to...

Word count: 1209