welp, hes really done it this time [28]

Hizashi POV

"Well, it seems that your voice box wasn't damaged permanently. At most, your throat is just going to be sore for a little while. I suggest not talking for at least a couple of days just incase." Recovery Girl informs me while taking off her gloves. I nod my head before turning over towards the sleeping boy.

"Ah. Him. That's a different story. While the doctors were able to fully heal your arm, other than a small scar, I can't say the same about him. The poison was in his system longer than we thought. If he was taken here just mere minutes later, he would be dead." she states with a sympathetic look towards the vigilante.

That fact hits me like a brick. Because I couldn't fight back, he almost died. "I know that look. Don't even think about it Yamada." Recovery Girl speaks up. I look back at her. "Don't beat yourself over this. You were having a panic attack. He seemed to have known fully what would have happened and he still helped you." she states. But I can't help but feel bad.

Then the doors to our room burst open to reveal three teenagers and one adult. "Hizashi." Shota mumbles before walking to my side. I smile softly before looking over at the vigilante sadly. "What happened?" Hitoshi asks quietly.

"I don't know the full story. All that I know is that one, your friend is an absolute idiot, and two, your friend almost died." she deadpans. "I know he's an idiot but what do you mean?" Jiro, one of Hitoshi's friends I believe, asks. "He was doing his vigilante business while injured. Not to mind you that he took on a dangerous villain and ended up getting poisoned that would have killed him if he was brought in any later." she explains.

"That fucking idiot!" a blonde, Bakugou I think, spits out. "Is he going to be okay?" Shota asks while holding my hand. "He should be. The hardest thing to deal with was the poison. We were able to get most of it out." she responds while looking at him.

"Alright. Kids, spill." Shota says. "Why the fuck should we?" Bakugou questions while glaring daggers at Shota. "Because, we need to know more about him. And I think it will be fine." Recovery Girl states.

"No. It's not our place to say." Kyoka adds. These kids are stubborn as hell. "When will he wake up?" Hitoshi asks, ignoring the mini fight that was bound to happen. "He should wake up in about a week." the granny answers.

Then, his heart monitor starts speeding up like crazy. It then just stops. We quickly snap our attention to the boy, to see him ripping out all of the things that are keeping him alive.

He's panicking and is tugging at his hair while whimpering. "So much for a week." Bakugou mutters. The three teens are quick at his side after he pushes Chiyo (Recovery Girl) away.

"Listen, please calm down." they attempt but are pushed away too. "Can't Nemuri put him to sleep or something?" Shota asks, also slightly panicking at how he's going to end up hurting himself further. "Can't. She left to go get food and wouldn't be back for a while." Chiyo answers, clearly distraught at the situation.

I get out of the bed and walk over towards the vigilante. I sit down on the bed, not right next to him, and slowly reach my hand out. I hold onto his wrists and carefully pull them away from his head. He looks at me, panic and fear written all over him.

In a low, raspy voice, I speak softly and calmly. "Hey, little listener. Can you c-copy my breathing?" I ask. He stares at me, watching my every move carefully. He nods his head slowly before shutting his eyes and mumbling words that I can't make out. I put his hands to my chest, and slow down my breathing.

After a couple of minutes, he's slowly coming out of his panicked stage and slowly starts observing his surroundings.

"Y-you okay?" I ask quietly. He looks at me before looking me up and down. Not sure what he's looking for, until his gaze on the bandage on my left bicep. "Y-your h-hurt." he stutters out. "So are you mister." Recovery Girl states while walking over slowly. Only then does the vigilante seem more vigilant and aware of everyone around him.

He leans back and falls off the bed with a small oof. "Hide me." he hissed out while standing back up and cowering behind me. I give him a confused look. "Them." he points at the teens. "I swear to fucking god. You just love worrying the shit outta us!" Bakugou shouts. "What the hell! You had us so worried!" Jiro adds. "You said you wouldn't get hurt!" Hitoshi says.

"Hush." Recovery Girl chastised the teens while stepping back over towards the kid. "May I look you over?" she asks. He looks at her hesitantly before nodding. Then he starts to fall. I catch him and help him back into his bed. "Oh dear. What's left of the poison must be affecting you." she says quietly. "This time, can you not rip your IVs out?" she adds while doing her medical shit.

"You four. Out. Now." she says, glaring at Shota, Jiro, Hitoshi, and Bakugou. They left hesitantly and closed the door behind us.

"So, want to explain what happened?" granny kiss kiss asks while finishing up her thing.

"Umm. I don't really have a choice." he says quietly. "Yamada. No more talking. Got it?" she says while lightly smacking my head. I nod slowly and look back at the kid. I start to sign but stop when I realise that he probably doesn't know sign.

'It's okay. I know JSL and ASL.'

I grin and starts signing.

'Are you okay?'

He nods and looks at her then me.

'She doesn't know sign language.'

He smirks and turns back to me. 'Good. Grandma over there scares me.' I snort softly before shaking my head. 'She has that affect on people.'

"Are you two done? Or am I going to be ignored?" she huffs. "Hush Granny. I'm socialising for once." he hissed before turning back towards me. That then causes his to get smacked upside the head. "Ow! What the hell lady!" he shouts which causes another smack. "No cussing!" she scolds. He huffs before signing, 'Damn. Fucking bitch.' I laugh softly before signing back.

'She's just worried.'

He stares in confusion. 'Why?'

Did the infamous Vigilante Phantom, someone who can beat anyone's ass and almost come out unscathed, someone who risked their fucking life for me, ask why she was worried.

"Are you going to tell me or do I need to wait for Detective Tsukauchi?" RG asks. "Tsuki's coming?" Phantom perks up. "Tsuki?" RG questions. "It's some stupid nickname he gave me." said man enters.

"Glad to hear that you two are okay. Now then, Phantom.

What the hell!"

word count: 1184