she left me... (abandoned pt 2) [18]

low key was rewatching MHA bc i haven't seen the 4th season so i'm restarting

that's what i was doing while writing this

also enjoy a 2.1k word chapter instead of my usual ones that are under 1k

Izuku POV

I just kept running. I didn't dare to slow down. Not now. Not until I reach my destination. Damn. I'm a GPS now apparently.

Even when I feel like shit, I still make my shitty ass jokes. Fun.

I quickly sign in as a visitor when I reach the hospital. I then run faster then before to her room.

I rush in quickly only to see something that's heart breaking.

"What the fuck Mario!"

I grin softly as I rush over towards her bed. I flop down and hug her quickly.

"Woah. You alright there squirt?" she asks while hugging me back.

"Other then feeling like shit, yeah Im fine." I mumbled into her shoulder.

"Good. Now what the hell were you thinking! You got me so worried! What happened? Do I need to kick someone's ass?" my mom says. She's not really my mom. Actually, she's more of a mentor.

My real parents abandoned me so I was left on my own. I lived on the street for a good two years after they left. About three years ago, she found me.

Yamaki Giorishi. She found me and had taken me in. For two years she had trained me and taught me everything I know. Then about a year ago, she had ended up being diagnosed with lung cancer. So I've been living in her apartment since technically, nobody even knows that I was abandoned by my birth parents and that she took me in. Only my friends.

She's basically a mom to me. When she found out how I was being treated at school, she started teaching me how to fight and self defence. About two years ago, I became a Vigilante. And she helped me. With my costume and everything. Whenever I got hurt, she was there.

However now, I need to be there for her.

"I got ambushed on patrol and now I'm like this." I answered quickly. She nodded and lightly flicked my forehead. "Don't almost die kid. It's worrying." she teases. I roll my eyes and shake my head. "I'll try. No promises." I said back. "That's what worries me." she whispers under her breath.

"So what's up with you shouting about Mario?" I ask, trying to distract her. "He keeps beating me at the last second in every god damn race!" she practically yells. I just shake my head in fake disappointment. "So disappointing. You can easily put anyone in a headlock, but can't beat Mario in Mario Cart?" I mock her.

"It's his own damn game! He's cheating or some shit!" she screeches. "Yeah yeah whatever." I groan out. Yamaki looked at me with this hurt look in her eyes. "Ouch. Betrayed by my own son!" she said dramatically why falling back into her hospital bed.

"Yeah yeah. Let me show you how it's really done." I challenged while taking her Nintendo Switch. It has the pink and green controllers. I started a new game and picked Link, I got my cart situated and started the race. I'm planning on doing like all four of the rainbow roads. Fun.

"That's kind of gay kid." Yamaki teased. "Says you." I smirked. She used to have this huge crush on this one girl who happened to be straight and her best friend. Great combo. "Touché."

After all four races, I came first place with a perfect score of 60 points. "Hah. I had baby Mario and big Mario in here and I still won. You just suck." I stated. She just scoffed and punched me lightly. "Oh hush brat."