Lia | What is Love?

A/N: Note, this might be angsty. Also, comment what other varieties I could do in this random book. Should I do more reactions? Group chats like yuna's celebratory party? Request if you'd like :D

Choi Jisu - What is Love?

—————————————————————————

Your POV
I hate this school! I'm great with my studies but I just hate this school because of one person: Lia. That's right. Lia, my ex. She makes my life a living hell even though she's not talking to me. It's just that her new boyfriend's an absolute dick. He keeps pulling her face to his, having a make out session whenever I pass by. It's so sickening! Like it even looks as if Lia isn't enjoying it. I feel bad for her. Right now we are in class about whatever shit I don't pay attention to. I'll pass it anyways.

"Alright guys let me ask you all a question..What does love mean?" Our teacher, Mrs. Kang asked. The boys from my back laughed as they raised their hand to answer.

"Okay..Mr. Ahn Minhyuk? What does love mean to you?" The teacher called on Lia's boyfriend. Ew, he's going to give a really stupid answer.

"It's about finding the baddest and hottest chick! Don't you agree babe?" He put an arm around Lia and rested it on her shoulder as Lia clearly doesn't give a fuck and rolls her eyes and shook her head. Minhyuk's friends laughed as the teacher carried on.

"Okay anyone else..?" Mrs. Kang scanned the room to find a raised had but sadly, there was none. "Okay I'm picking one. How about you Mr. Jeon? What is love Y/N?" She suddenly called on me. The class gave gasps and a few giggles here and there. I don't want to answer but I mean, what choice do I have?

"Well..love is," I started but more soft laughter already erupted out of their mouths. Minhyuk gave out a fake coughed, earning a smack from Lia and a glare from Mrs. Kang. I shrugged it all off and continued. "Love is about finding that one true person where you can be yourself, where you will do anything for each other, trusting each other, loving..each other, and hoping it won't end until forever." I looked at Lia and found a small smile on her face which made me question.

"Alright guys one more person please? At least one more.." Mrs. Kang trailed off and scanned the classroom once again. "Oh! Great! Ms. Lia what is love?"

Minhyuk looked at Lia, confused on why she's raising her hand but then his puzzled face turned into a smirk, as if she'll say something dirty. This guy clearly doesn't know my girlfriend at all- I mean- ex girlfriend..

Lia hesitated before speaking. "Love..Love is an emotion that hurts you in different ways, a connection too. Love is trusting a person with your emotions, putting them in a position that could possibly hurt you and your trust. But, your significant other won't hurt you because of the bond you will share."

Flabbergasted, I slowly turned my head to her and found her looking at me. I gave her a small smile in return which made her blush.

"Aww..that is very sweet Ms. Choi. Speaking of love..there is a former couple I miss. I really thought they would last forever due to their love, affection, and care for each other." Mrs. Kang eyed me as the students whisper. I looked at Lia's table again to see Minhyuk trying to kiss her but she refused. "Anyways, on to the next topic.."

After what Lia said, I couldn't pay attention. I miss her so much. Her lips, her touch, her hugs, her affection, her everything. I miss our moments but now, that little dick head of hers took her from me. I would be lying if I say I don't love her anymore. I never stopped.

It was finally lunch break which is my favorite period because it's so long. I kind of lost my appetite after that love session in class so I just decided to go up the school rooftop where no one is. It used to be my go to place with Lia when we were together..

I take a flight to the stairs and walked freely until I hear a girl softly cry. I stopped my tracks and listened in.

"I shouldn't have hurt him..this is all my fault. He'll never forgive me. I shouldn't have cheated on Y/N..I still love him."

Lia..

Still loves me.

And with that, all the memories cane flashing back.

Flashback

I was going to surprise Lia at the party but then I walked in on her..kissing another guy. I dropped my flowers, making everyone turn their head to me. Minhyuk smirked. "L-Lia..how could you.."

"Wait-! Y/N! Please!" Lia tried to run after me but I was too fast. I ran away, shedding tears on the way beneath the Han River.

"How could she do this to me!? After all those moments!? Fuck this!" I kicked the rocks and pulled my hair out of frustration.

I went back home, late. About 2 am. I didn't really care. Of course I'm extremely furious about the situation. But what can I do? She's fucking Lia and it's impossible not to love her.

End of Flashback

I was debating whether I should check up on her or leave. Lia's my ex though. I should probably leave.

"Lia? What's wrong?" And there it is. My foot and mouth decided to be it's own person. Lia looked startled to see me there and quickly wiped her tears.

"N-Nothing. I have to go now bye."

I caught her by the wrist and ordered her to sit back down and talk to me. "Lia, I know what you did was wrong but you're my ex and I still care about you. Now tell me what's wrong..please?" I held her arms and stared deeply into her beautiful, brown orbs.

Fascinating.

"Y-Y/N..I broke up with him. I know I was wrong from the start and I still love you..so so much. I want you back but I don't know what I could do to get you back. I'm such a bad girlfriend.." Lia hits her head but I stop her from doing so.

"Lia, you are not a bad girlfriend. I still love you after what you did. But you know what? Sometimes you need to kiss the wrong person to realize the right one." I kissed Lia's forehead tenderly as she hugs me tightly. "I missed you Julia. I miss us."

"I miss you too Y/N. So much. Take me back?"

"Of course! I love you!"

"I love you too Y/N..and I'll never let you go."