19 //hallways and attendance//

I reach home late. After pacifying Thea and bringing her pizza and pizza and pizza and hugging her even though SHE HATES HUGGING , I finally got her to crack a smile and talk to me. Finally living organisms , who agree with me.

Niall dropped me off at home, he was the only one who had half a glass of Alcohol. Others were too drunk to even tell me their names.

I opened our door thinking that I would find our house in complete darkness and that my dad would be in bed. But No! All the lights were on and I could hear the TV on. Damn it! This man doesn't learn.

I stormed into the living room with a sigh , just when I was about to yell at my dad my eye caught something on the Television.

It was my mom. My dad liked watching old videos of her. The one he was watching right now was my 6th birthday party. She was so pretty , she was an angel. In the video I'm running around with cake all around my new dress and my mom is trying to catch me. I can hear my dad laughing in the background. She finally caught me and when she did she cuddled me and kissed me and said , "Happy Birthday Princess." I hug her and my dad gestures to both of us to hug him.

My eyes fill with tears at the memory of her , my dad hears me and wipes the tears from his eyes. I put on a strong face and sit next to him. "Dad, why aren't you asleep," I ask him.

He clears his throat from the tears , "Thought I would wait for you."

"You have to eat. And get some rest." I say

"I'll grab something to eat." he says in a mild tone.

We sit for sometime , in a saddening silence. I finally say , "I miss her so much."

He looks at me and smiles , "So do I Amber , so do I."

"So.." I say in a hasty tone , "let's go cook something shall we?"

He smiles , "How much will you eat?"

I laugh , "Not more than you Mr. Mathews"

Currently my dad is cooking up some really nice Lasagna , while I sit on the kitchen counter and annoy him. This man is a genius.

"So dad , you never asked me about the party." I begin the conversation.

"Oh yes. What's his name? Austin. How was the party?

"Interesting. I did something." I say sneakily.

"Oh Drugs? Doesn't that stuff mess with your brain? I thought you liked being smart."

"Dad!" I scream.

He laughs. "I'm joking honey. So what's this interesting thing you did?"

"I may have gotten myself a boyfriend..." I trail off.

He drops the spatula into a bowl and gives me a really shocked expression. He shakes his head in confusion.

"Dad come on , you wouldn't be so shocked if I did drugs or anything."

"Oh my god , my daughter Amber Mathews has a boyfriend!" He exclaims.

"Why is that a surprise?" I quiz him.

'Because remember when Thomas in your old school asked you to be his girlfriend, you punched him and got your first ever detention? That's why." He points to me. "And that boy was a good-looking one."

"Oh lord dad! Stop having a great memory. And my boyfriend right now is a better looking one."

"Bryce Anderson?" he asks calmly.