23//secrets and selfies//

"Stop being moody." I say to Bryce where I'm in his arms on the sandy beach.

"I'm not." he shrugs and smiles.

The sunset was just beginning and it was beautiful and Bryce found a perfect place to sit and admire it. He gestured to me to snuggle in his arms , even though I was in a swimsuit and I didn't want someone's hands all over me I didn't want to hurt him so I went over.

"So can I ask you something?" I look up to him.

"Sure babes." he smiles.

"You're calling me babes now?" I chuckle.

He shakes his head , "Maybe I am. What is the question?"

"Why do you and Marshal fight with each other all the time?"

He looks down to me and sighs deeply. "Long story Amber."

"I have all the time." I nod.

"You know we are step brothers right?" I nod indicating yes. "Well we never really got along when our dad brought me and my mom to his house."

I hold his hand hoping to offer reassurance. "And then what started out as teenage fights evolved into hatred. And I tried to make things right with him always. But he never even wanted to listen to me."

I listened to him intently. "And then one day me and my mom moved out because I couldn't handle living in the same house with a person who had so much hatred towards me."

"That is so -" I stopped mid-way. It was so sad and I didn't know what to say.

"I know Amber. We suffered a lot." He doesn't make eye contact with me but there was sadness in his voice. Stupid me.

I HAD TO ASK HIM AND RUIN THE MOOD.

"Don't worry. I'm with you know." I say hoping to ease the pain.

"You are." he gives me a glowing smile.

Suddenly he cups my chin and turns me and kisses me. It was rough at first but I went along with his lips. It was Grappling and everything else dissolved around us but out of the blue I heard Marshal's voice. "Uh-Amber come on."

Marshal is the last person I want to see right now especially after what Bryce told me.

I quickly pull away from Bryce and turn towards Marshal. "What?" I ask quietly.

"The waves are perfect for surfing right now. So you can learn to tackle a few waves." He looks at both of us with careful eyes. "Unless you want to have sex right away on the beach", he says in a rude tone.

I roll my eyes and get up. "Go ahead Marshal. I'll come after a while."I snap at him.

"Jesus make out all you want with the asshole." he yells and storms away.

I sigh loudly and turn to Bryce, who looks at me and says , "You don't have to damage your friendship for what I've told you."

"It's not that. He's always acting as a douche to you. It's high time he stops acting like one."

He smiles and his hair flutters in the wind. He suddenly smirks , "Wanna go somewhere private?"

"Why?" I ask confused. "We're alone right now."

He scratches his head , "Yeah right. Carry on with Marshal." He points his hand to where Park and Marshal are standing and he gets up.

"Bryce!" I screech. "What's wrong?"

'It's nothing"he says and jogs back.

I walk over to where Marshal and Park are surfing. Park looks at me and grins, "Amber come fast girl. We're waiting for you."