21 //mathematics and confusion//

My life. Not so great.

First of all Thea and the gang coming were not expected. Okay I was able to live with that because Thea and Austin are a couple she would give me and Bryce some alone time

But Park, Reece , Ranen and our Marshal boy , I don't think so.

I'm looking at everyone's faces back and forth because I didn't understand what was going on. Park, the twins and Marshal walked inside my house.

"What are you guys doing here?" I blurted out.

"What, you had a reunion and never told us?" Ranen asks me.

"What reunion now? Bryce and Me made plans to go to the beach and the gang joined us." I stated.

"To answer your question , we're coming along." Reece says calmly "It'll be a nice frolic time. More the merrier", he says.

I shake my head in confusion. "Guys Wha- How? How did you know that we were going to the beach?'

I'm confused, shocked , annoyed and surprised. But Marshal who hadn't said a word until now came up to me , bent down low to my ear , "Darlin , I know everything."

For no explainable reason I felt my face and my cheeks heat up. My eyes directly turned up to look at his and for that split moment I was dumbfounded.

I heard my dad coming out of the kitchen and I realized he had never met Park , Reece , Ranen and Marshal. He met Bryce in the past week when he came to drop off some notes.

"Dad" I gesture to the guys "This is Park, Ranen , Reece" I take a breath "And Marshal Anderson" I say hastily.

My dad nods to Park and the twins but he comes closer to Marshal. "Marshal, I've felt like I've seen you somewhere. Those eyes I've seen."

I'm the person standing the closest to Marshal , and suddenly I can feel his body turn rigid and he stiffens. But he still responds to my dad , " Maybe I have those common faces Mr.Mathews. Great meeting you." He nods to my dad.

"So you and Bryce are related? Andersons?" my dad asks commonly.

UGH MY DAD. He doesn't know about the feud between them. Even when Bryce broke his arm I never told my dad Marshal broke the arm. The step-brother looked at my dad awkwardly , but Marshal was a gentleman all of a sudden , "Step-brothers."

Besides him Park looks at Marshal with a wide-eye which shows extreme surprise.

Luckily to break all of the awkwardness Dalip walks into my house with all the materials he went to pick up.

"Let's all go!" he yells and all of us gather our gear and make our way outside.I hug my dad , "I'll be back. We'll probably catch some dinner and come here."

My dad pulls back , "No no don't. Invite all your friends home. I'll make dinner for you all."

"You will?" I ask.

"Just message me when you are leaving." he gives me a thumbs-up.

"Are you sure? These guys eat like pigs." I ask jokingly.

"I can hear you." Austin yells. I turn back to find him tying his shoelaces.

My dad laughs, "After having you as my daughter , I can handle all the food eating boys in the world." He jokes and Austin laughs.

///////////

So listen to the math. Me , Amber Mathews who's been to most of the math competitions in the country and won them most of them couldn't bring myself to solve this math.