13

Mr. Kang scoffed.

"They're your friends?"

He crossed his arms as Jimin nodded.

"Yeah."

He sighed and folded his hands across his lap.

"Look, Jimin. I-...I understand how hard this must be for you, but there's no need to cover for those boys. I know you're scared, but-"

"Scared?" Jimin tilted his head, lips wry, stretched in a half-smile.

Mr. Kang swallowed.

"Breathing is the only thing that scares me."

His smile faded quickly, and he stared at Mr. Kang with a deep, blank gaze, lips parted slightly.

He could hear the authenticity in Jimins words, even though they were spoken so softly.

Jimin stood up slowly, sighed, and put his hands in his pockets.

"It looks like we've got nothing left to talk about. If you'll excuse me, I should be heading to class."

He turned on his heels and began walking away, when Mr. Kang's voice interrupted him.

"Then...how do you explain the black eye, son?"

Without turning around, Jimin blinked.

"With all due respect, Sir..."

He paused.

"Please mind your own business."

____________________________________

Suga and Hoseok's eyes widened as they quickly scrambled behind the corner.

They watched Jimin as he walked out, hands in his pockets, turning the other direction.

After a few moments of mesmerized silence, Hoseok turned to Suga, mouth gaping.

"Why....Why would he do that? H-He fucking protected us..."

Suga shook his head.

"I don't know. He had every reason to snitch. He could've gotten us expelled right then and there."

He licked his lips, and narrowed his eyes.

"What is he thinking? "

A few more moments of silence passed.

"He actually told a teacher to mind his own business...wasn't he kinda cool just now?" Hoseok whispered.

Suga gulped and looked over at him. He nodded softly, and both boys fixed their eyes back onto Jimin's small figure slowly growing farther and farther away.

Neither of them really knew how to react.

Hoseok looked over at Suga for confirmation on what just happened...but instead, Suga's lips parted slightly, his breathing slowed, and a sparkle that Hoseok had never seen before glistened brightly in his eyes.

He looked...infatuated.

Hoseok looked down, and his own heart panged.

He peeked around the corner again, and his breath caught in his throat watching how graceful and swan-like Jimin looked just by walking. His blue hair bounced majestically with every step he took, despite how disheveled it was. As Jimin finally disappeared around the corner, Hoseok felt something in his chest that was foreign to him...an immense inner warmth.

Both of the boys sat, each locked in their own heads, but thinking the same exact thought:

Park Jimin is an enigma.