20

Jimin sighed softly as he debated on whether or not to shoot Yugyeom a text telling him he wouldn't be at school today. 

He had another day of detention, and he'd rather die then voluntarily put himself in an enclosed space with those guys again. 

He shook his head, deciding against it. 

I'll just call him when it's time to meet up.

An hour or so passed before his phone dinged, startling him just a little bit. He sat up from the couch and yawned, reaching for his phone.  

He squinted as he read the words on the screen. 

Yugyeom: Hey are we  up for later? We can maybe meet up at the square? 

Jimin sighed. 

I guess now's good a time as any. 

He paused before thinking up the right string of words. 

Jimin: I'm sorry. I'm not coming to school today, so can we postpone?

He put the phone down as he bit his lip, anxious for the reply. It did feel kind of scummy. He didn't want Yugyeom to think he didn't come to school solely to avoid their talk...even though it sort of was a tiny bit because of that too. 

He sighed as he got up to grab a glass of water. He filled it up to the top and chugged it, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before refilling it and walking back over to the couch, just in time for his phone to ding once again. 

He set his glass down after taking a sip and picked up the phone, taking a seat on the couch. 

Yugyeom: I'm not at school either. Can we meet up somewhere? What's your address?

Jimin's eyes widened as he fell into a coughing fit, spurting some of the water out of his mouth. That response was probably the last thing Jimin expected. 

He sat up as his breathing hitched, not knowing at all what to say. Just as he was going to type out his reply, his phone buzzed again. 

Yugyeom: How about I treat you to lunch? There's this new ramen place that opened over by my house. I can come get you or I can give you the address. 

Jimin cursed under his breath. What excuse could he possibly give now? He sighed as he re-read the text, stomach growling at just the mention of food. 

He groaned and rubbed his belly, looking over at the glass of water. Biting his lip, he grabbed it and chugged it, grateful that it sated him for now. 

He set the glass down and sighed, genuinely not knowing what to say. He looked around the room aimlessly, parting his lips slightly as his eyes landed on the turtleneck he'd been wearing for the past week. It was lazily draped over the edge of the coffee table.

He licked his lips as his eyes darted down to his lap, and then to his phone. He sighed before looking to the shirt again and then reluctantly back to his phone, typing out a response. 

 Jimin: Actually...I need to go clothes shopping anyway. Just accompany me to the mall, okay?

Jimin sighed as he threw his phone on the couch. 

He let his head fall into his hands as he rubbed his face, already scolding himself for letting this happen. 

He reached for the turtleneck and grabbed it, looking at it for a few seconds before reluctantly putting his arms through. He winced and groaned as the fabric slid past his neck, causing the badly bruised band that wrapped around it to throb. He figured he should be used to the feeling by now, but it still hurt, only a little less than when he first got it.