22

Jimin shook his head as he and Yugyeom walked in a semi-comfortable silence, headed to the food court. Yugyeom insisted he carry Jimin's bags, and Jimin insisted that he carry Yugyeom's. He smiled at the thought, but after some time, the smile slowly left his face; He really couldn't get Yugyeom's suspicious answer out of his head.   

"You used to be a T-shirt, jean jacket and skinny jeans guy. Now you kinda dress up again and I think it's cool."

"...How did you know that?" 

"I just figured, you know? That's kinda what everyone wears."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. 

...Is he really that good at guessing? 

He shook his head. 

I guess some people are just...really perceptive? 

He furled his lips. 

But...how did he hit it so on the nose? 

Jimin really did used to wear elaborate outfits. One day he'd wear a long-sleeved black and white striped shirt  paired with black, boot-cut jeans, a pink jacket and black timberlands, and the next day he'd throw on a pastel green jumper with pastel yellow pants, a pastel blue beanie and white vans.

 They day after that he'd show up in an open, black and yellow flannel with a  white t-shirt, a black leather jacket with patches and zippers, black, slim fit jeans, and black combat boots paired with a black beanie.

 He somehow made things like that work, and well too. Things that nobody in the world could pull off but him... After, however, he wore jeans, a t-shirt, and a jean jacket every single day. Sometimes without the jacket. Sometimes he threw on a beanie. Sometimes instead of a black tee he'd wear a white one or a graphic one. It was never anything other than that, though. It's been that way for the past year. These past weeks have been the first times he's changed it up since...so even if it was just a guess, the coincidence made it too accurate for comfort. 

Jimin bit his lip nervously as he swallowed. He looked over and took a peek at a softly smiling Yugyeom. He bit the inside of his cheek. 

What if...this is all part of some elaborate scheme to hurt me? 

He thought back to what Mark had said. 

"Don't worry. I have something planned just for you." 

He shook his head and snuck yet another glance at Yugyeom. He swallowed hard and looked down. 

Okay, calm down Jimin. Let's think this through. 

Yugyeom is a regular guy. Nothing is off about him. He wouldn't do anything to you.

He furrowed his brows yet again. 

But...now that I think about it...the timing of his phone call was pretty convenient. He left and Mark showed up...what if it's all connected?

He shook his head. 

No, Jimin. Think rationally. Really think. You were the one who invited him to the mall. How could they possibly scheme it all between the time it took for him to pick you up? 

Jimin nodded. 

Okay, yeah. That makes sense...

But...where do I start if I'm trying to think rationally? It's nearly the end of first semester. He just...came out of nowhere. My old locker neighbor was a girl who never even looked at me. Next thing I know...he just...showed up. How did he...when did he...?