32

Omg hey guys how have u been lol
Sorry i made u wait two years for this chapter but hey...its up now!

Look at us, we've all literally grown up together, how special is that?

I've missed you guys. Genuinely.

Life got a little busy, and my brain got a little blocked, but; it's summer, I'm not doing anything and the energy for writing this book has come back full force.

The updates will be regular once again, babies.

I promise I won't make you wait another two years.

So without further ado, here's chapter 32. (Omg bro bars.)  It's pretty short, but not to worry, cuties. You guys will get some juicy juice next chapter, which will be coming very, very soon.

Read on, lovely people. I love you. 🫂
———————————————————————————

At first, there was silence;

A loud, dissonant hum that came from the sound of the blood rushing through his ears, of his heart pounding in his chest.

Though the night was filled with its usual sounds of life, the roar of engines, the distant blasts of music, honking horns, muffled voices; all of it was obsolete, tuned out by the whir of his own brain running at a hundred miles per hour.

After finally exhausting himself from running for what felt like forever, he spent a long while stumbling along residential streets, confused, anxious, lost in more ways than one.

His bare feet ached and pulsated with each step he took against the jagged, freezing pavement.

Before long, he was picked up by the taxi he called, simply slipping into the backseat and being so caught up in his own head that he ignored the driver's desperate attempts to start a conversation.

After a long, silent ride, Jimin quietly stepped out of the car, emotionless, unable to grasp the situation, incapable of stringing together cohesive thoughts.

He stood for a while, eyes vacant, his skin prickling against the biting cold.

His teeth involuntarily chattered, not from the cool air, but from the constant waves of fear, confusion and anxiety that hit him harder and harder with each passing second.

Ultimately his mind was just...

Blank.

Completely and utterly blank, devoid of anything except for an endless disorientation.

Despite this overhaul of unloaded thoughts, Jimin's brain finally kicked in enough to get himself out of the cold. He turned around, pivoting mechanically on his heel and making his way into his building.

After mindlessly trudging up the stairs, twisting his unlocked door open and shutting it closed behind himself, he very slowly made his way to the couch, sitting down and staring forward with empty, glossed over eyes.

Before long, a single thought, clear amongst the rest of the muddied prospects popped into his head, bouncing off every corner of his mind like the DVD logo.

What...just happened?

That was the only thing he could think of. It was almost as if his brain had reset itself in an act of self-preservation, as if it knew that if it remembered everything in its fragile state, it'd completely self-destruct.

Everything was happening so quickly yet so slowly, like he was trapped in a dimension where time didn't exist.

What.