17

Namjoon tip-toed into the detention room and turned around, making sure no one could see him before he quietly pushed the door up behind himself, leaving only a few inches of space. 

He took a deep breath and sighed. 

His hands involuntarily shook as he slowly looked up at the ball that sat shaking up against the wall. He could hear the blood rush in his ears.

He clenched his fists at his sides, nails digging into his palms, heart squeezing in his chest.

He bit the inside of his cheek, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and reluctantly made his way over to Jimin, stopping right in front of him. 

Jimin shook so violently...Namjoon had never seen anything like it before.

He looked down at the little vibrating ball, once again clenching his fists and taking a deep breath.

He nudged the boy's leg softly with his foot.

"Hey." 

Jimin didn't react.

He did it again, this time a little harder, but he got the same result. 

He scoffed.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Reluctantly, he squatted down next to Jimin.

He turned his head away and closed his eyes, breathing in deeply, trying to swallow his pride.

"J-..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

He bit the inside of his cheeks until they drew blood.

He shook his head.

What the fuck am I even doing?

We've been doing this for so long and what? Now I suddenly feel bad for the cunt? 

His jaw clenched. 

...Now Jungkook suddenly cares? 

Why? 

He scoffed and shook his head.

Just thinking about it made the anger grow in his chest. He clenched his fists.

Why should I feel bad for this asshole after what he did? He brought this on himself! He deserves everything we throw at him!

Why should I be on my knees just because this kid is a fucking crybaby?

He shook his head and squeezed his fists shut. 

He went to stand up, completely abandoning what little sympathy he felt for Jimin, but stopped in his tracks when his eyes involuntarily landed on the the boy in front of him.

Jimin's shaky breaths sounded like heavy rain. His quiet murmers could be mistaken for wind rustling through trees. Namjoon could feel the heat radiating off of Jimin's body despite being a good foot away.  His small, shaking figure sent a chill through Namjoon's spine as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

There Jimin was, right in front of him, caught in a storm, braving it alone. 

He sighed softly and slowly lowered himself back down.

Taking one last deep breath, Namjoon spoke up.

"J..."

"Ji-..."