19

Jin tapped his foot nervously, biting his nails as he sat in the waiting room, anxious. Suga and Hoseok had already left, heading home to inform the others and then go grocery shopping, leaving Jin behind while Taehyung was in the back. 

Jin snapped his neck up upon hearing Taehyung's name being called. He hurriedly got up and rushed over to a doctor looking over his clipboard, eagerly awaiting news.

"You're here for Kim Taehyung?" He asked, tipping his glasses down to the bridge of his nose, mouth forming an upside-down 'u' shape. 

"Y-yes sir. How's everything looking?" Jin replied, voice shaking. 

The doctor sucked in a breath, finally tucking his clipboard under his armpit and giving Jin eye contact. 

"Is there a parent I can talk to? An aunt? Uncle?" 

Jin shook his head. 

"Uh no sir. We're all legally emancipated. I can show you documentation if need be." 

The doctor shook his head. 

"No need." 

He took a breath before finishing his sentence. 

"He has some severe metacarpal fracturing and a sprained wrist. You might have heard this referred to as a 'boxer's fracture.'" 

Jin nodded, crossing his arms. 

"He won't have any long-term damage, but due to the severity, we'll need to reset his hand with pins instead of just giving him a cast. It's a simple procedure, it will take about an hour or so. The healing time will be around 5-8 weeks. Just come back around then to get the cast and pins removed." 

Jin gulped, nodding again before taking a shaky breath. 

"I just have a few questions for you, and then we'll go ahead and start prepping him for surgery." He said, grabbing his clipboard and the pen from behind his ear,  jotting things down. 

"Yes sir." Jin nodded, standing up straight. 

Without looking up, the doctor begun. 

"Is he allergic to any medications?" 

Jin shook his head. 

"Uh no sir,  not that I know of." 

He wrote something down. 

"Any history of heart diseases in his direct family?" 

Jin nodded. 

"Yes sir. His grandfather passed away due to heart failure." 

The doctor nodded. 

"Any pre-existing conditions?" 

Jin gulped. 

"Um yes sir. H-he has ICD and IED." 

The doctor nodded once again. 

"So he had an episode?" 

Jin swallowed, hesitating before nodding softly. 

"And is he on any medication for those?" 

Jin nodded. 

"Uh y-yes sir. He was prescribed serotonin but...he hasn't taken it in a while." 

"About how long since he's last taken it?" 

Jin closed his eyes and bit his lip softly.

"Ummm...I want to say about 3 or 4 months ago. Things were going well so he thought he didn't need it anymore."