Chapter 18

Ash POV

Doc: We need to prepare ourselves for the worst. Even IF he survived that fall he will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Glaz: We've started to search the wreckage. So far no sign of him.

Valkyrie: Eliza are you ok? We all saw what happened on TV.

Ash: Yea, I'm okay. I just can't believe he did that for me, he just grabbed me and threw me into the helicopter before the train derailed.

After the incident, myself and various other members of Team Rainbow have started going through the wreckage looking for Sierra. There was another team of operators in the area so they showed up to help out.

As the group of us were talking about the situation, Ela came running in.

Ela: We found something!

The group of us then followed her through the wreckage until we came to an impact crater.

I looked into it to find Sierra laying there stagnant with his arms spread out and his weapons still attached to him.

Sledge: This ain't good.

Doc: How far did he fall?

Hibana: 1000 feet, easily.

I then bent down to have a closer look. Sierra's whole body is completely stagnant, even his arms hung in midair, unmoving. I grabbed his arm as if I was to pull him out and nothing moved whatsoever.

Ash: What the hell?

Doc: Maybe his armor is locked?

Glaz: It's a possibility.

I continued to inspect Sierra until I noticed he was holding something in his left hand. I was able to open his fingers enough that I could get whatever he was holding out.

When I finally got it, I found it to be some kind of electronic chip.

Valkyrie: What is that?

???: Hello.

Suddenly a hologram of a blue woman appeared above the chip causing the group of us to jump.

???: My name is Dot, I am a spartan AI assigned to Sierra 008.

Ash: You're an AI?

Dot: A human AI to be more precise, made from the scan of a human brain.

Caveira: That is such bullshit.

Dot: I can give you the supporting data, if you would like?

Sierra: That will not be necessary.

The group of us surprisingly looked down to see Sierra climbing up from his impact crater.

Doc: Take it easy big guy, I'm going to have to give you a physical examination.