Chapter 30

Y/N POV

Y/N: Hello John.

Master Chief: Y/N.

Facing the Master Chief, we both swiped two fingers across our visors at the same time, signaling a spartan smile.

Y/N: How'd you get into this mess?

Master Chief: The slipspace portal collapsed when the ship went through it, the first half made it, the rest you can figure out for yourself. So where are we?

Y/N: I've been trying to figure that one out myself. As you may have already guessed, we're on Earth, although the year is 2020.

Master Chief: That's not possible.

Y/N: That's what I thought. The only solution I've been able to come up with is that slipspace sent us to another reality.

Master Chief then took out his AI chip from the back of his head and Cortana appeared in his palm. I also did the same thing and Dot appeared as well.

 I also did the same thing and Dot appeared as well

Master Chief: Cortana, is what he says true?

Cortana: I believe so, the landmasses of this planet are the same as Earth's. There is also no UNSC communications or presence here. Not mentioning the giant glassing mark on Africa.

Y/N and Dot: What?

Master Chief: Another time.

Dot: For now we should figure out what to do with the ship. I have a feeling that most people are not going to take a spaceship crashing on their planet from the future lightly.

Master Chief: We should scavenge what we can from the armory, it's a question of where to store everything if we do.

Y/N: What about Cole protocol?

Cortana: Cole protocol is still in effect, although it is kind of useless now seeing as the covenant already found Earth, which you probably already guessed.

Master Chief: We should initiate Cole protocol nonetheless.

Y/N: I agree.

Dot: There is one other decision to be made.

Everyone: What?

Dot: Sierra 008 has joined a counter terrorism unit on this 'Earth'. Although I do not know if they will take your involvement with this event in a good way. You must decide if you want to stay with Rainbow, or go rogue.

Y/N: I'll stay with Rainbow for now. Besides, some of my gear is still back at base.

Dot: Very well. Let's scavenge the ship for what we can. Are there any vehicles left onboard?

Cortana: There is a pelican left in the hanger.

Master Chief: Let's get moving then.

Myself and Master Chief both placed our AI chips back into our neural interfaces' and left the observation deck. The four of us also linked the comms between our helmets.