Chapter 28

Y/N POV

Dot(over coms): I'm getting reports of gunshots at the United Nations Headquarters one mile from our location. The team assigned to that area is not responding to coms.

Castle: That's not good.

Glaz: Zofia's team was assigned to that area, we better get there quickly. I'm sorry Sierra but-

As Glaz was speaking I walked over and flipped the warthog back on its wheels.

Iana: How did you-

Ash: What?!

I turned to find all the operators looking at me amazed. I then jumped in the driver's seat and turned on the warthog.

Iana: Wait for us!

I didn't respond, and instead put the warthog in full gear and sped off.

*Time Skip*

I eventually reached the United Nations building, only to find the national guard had finally arrived in New York City. They had set up an encampment around the building with multiple tents as well as cars and roadblocks blocking the area off.

I drove the warthog up and parked it along the side of the street. I then got out of it and walked up to what looked to be the main entrance to the UN.

Walking through the staging area, a lot of the soldiers stopped to look at me with bewilderment. I eventually reached the main entrance to the UN headquarters to find it barricaded with the national guard in defensive positions outside it.

???: Hey! Who are you? You can't be.....here....

I looked to my left to find someone who looked to be an officer standing there with two soldiers standing behind him. The two behind him seemed to be trying to intimidate me with their rifles but their faces visibly paled when I turned to face them. The soldier's face who addressed me also paled and his voice turned to a whisper at the end of his sentence

Y/N: I'm with Rainbow, the response team. Have you been in contact with anyone from Rainbow?

At the mention of Rainbow the three soldiers' stances became more rigid, as if I was a superior officer or something.

Soldier: A member of Rainbow is here, I'll take you to her.

He then turned around and started walking, I followed him and continued to receive more stares from soldiers I passed by. He eventually reached a tent and signalled for me to go inside.

Entering the tent, I found Ela sitting at a table in the tent, crying.

Y/N: What happened?

She jolted at my voice, and then looked up to find me standing there.

Ela: ..I.. got out before the rest my team did. There were too many terrorists for us to take on so Zofia told me to run, and I did. The white masks have a lot of ambassadors held hostage now. They've taken control of the building, and they probably have my sister's team held hostage as well.

Dot(to Y/N): All cameras in the building are cut so I cannot confirm if what she says is true. However, this is looking to be one of the worst hostage crises in history. Almost 200 countries have UN representatives, and almost all of them are presumed to be held hostage. This is bad, real bad.

After Dot said this, I sat my brute shot on the table and started reloading it and stocking up on grenades.

Ela at this point looked at me with disbelief.

Ela: You're not going to-

Y/N: Yes. Although this isn't going to cut it.

I then placed my brute shot on my back and left the tent headed for my warthog. When I got to it, I jumped up on the back and detached the heavy machine gun(HMG).