Chapter 26

Iana POV

Did I ever mention how large the dorms are at Hereford Base? At the ISS, they practically made us sleep in rooms smaller than a small closet.

It had been 2 days since my team lost in the tournament, so I've basically been doing the usual training and maintenance on my gadget since then.

Getting out of bed, I got dressed and left my dorm to go on a walk.

When I started walking, I noticed that Sierra's door is closed. I hadn't seen him since the competition, so I knocked on his door.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

I then waited a bit and no one came to answer.

Strange. Where is he?

Zofia: Have you seen him?

I looked over to my right and found Zofia standing there.

Iana: No. I haven't seen him since the day of the competition.

Zofia: I've been asking around, no one else has seen him either, and he hasn't shown up for training.

Iana: I'll let you know when I see him then.

She then nodded and walked away, and I continued to walk until I got outside.

Hereford Base is massive, with dozens of buildings and even a runway. I usually walk the border of the base twice before I am done, which I decided to do.

*Time Skip*

I was about halfway through the first lap when I got to the abandoned hangar section. Hereford has a bunch of unused hangars that are normally empty.

As I was walking through them however, I found one of them being used, as all the lights are on.

My curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to have a look inside.

I opened the side door and walked in, finding lots of unused parts and junk lying around. I then continued walking until I found the area where the lights were on.

 I then continued walking until I found the area where the lights were on

What, is that?

???: You know, it's not nice to go snooping around in places you're not supposed to.

The voice caused me to jump, and I looked over to find Sierra standing there with a toolbox in hand.

Iana: What are you doing?

Sierra: Isn't it obvious? I'm building a car.

I then glanced over at the 'car' and then back at him.

Iana: You mean you built that?!

Sierra: Yep. I've been working on it for the past 2 days.

What?