Chapter 27

Y/N POV

The city is a mess. Nearly every car the warthog passed by had its glass shattered, not mentioning the buildings.

Our convoy had the warthog in front, with Castle and Glaz following behind in an armored car. Glaz would constantly radio us and tell me where to go. As well as this, Dot would let me know of any activity she found nearby.

Dot(to Y/N): The NYPD is on the next street on the right. All the cameras are down although I have been able to connect to their radios, should I link our connection to them?

Y/N: Do it.

Radio: *Static* Can anyone read? We have been attacked and have barricaded ourselves in at the NYPD. Please help us!

Iana: We better go help them. Glaz did you hear that?

Glaz: I heard it, we're almost there just turn right up ahead Sierra.

The warthog turned the corner, and the whole area looked to be a warzone. Burning cars, bullet holes, and multiple bodies littered the street.

Tachanka: What the hell happened here?

I looked ahead, and saw the NYPD with what looked to be various figures with guns walking around outside.

Y/N: Those definitely aren't police.

Dot(to Y/N): It would be more helpful if I was able to communicate with the rest of the squad.

Y/N: Go ahead.

The communications line between the 5 of us buzzed and Dot's synthetic voice joined the conversation.

Dot(over coms): I detect roughly 50 people in the NYPD, with the majority of them being on the third floor. I cannot decide who is hostile and who is not.

Iana: What the hell?

Glaz: Who is this?

Y/N: She's with me.

Iana looked over at me with... Anger?, Then her expression changed to: 'we'll talk about this later.'.

Glaz: *sighs* If you say so. Castle and I will take position on the other side of the street and cover you as you breach.

Tachanka: There are only 3 of us comrade. Against 50 potential hostiles?

Dot: It's likely that some of them are local law enforcement, due to the broadcast we heard earlier.

Glaz: Whatever the case is, we have to act quickly. So get going!

Turning the warthog into full gear, the atv lunged forwards towards the building. I could already hear the turret spinning up as I drove.

As we got closer, the figures standing in front of the NYPD quickly became recognisable as gang members.

*brrrrrrrr*

They never had a chance, the five of them were easily killed by Tachanka on the warthog's turret.

Tachanka: I can get used to this.

I quickly jumped out of the warthog and rushed into the building.

Iana: Sierra wait up!

Y/N: You two stay put! Tachanka guard the entrance.

Tachanka: With pleasure!

I rushed into the main entrance area to find about five gang members standing around, which I quickly eliminated with my suppressed smg.

I then rushed up the stairwell up to the third floor to find the door closed. I then pulled up my thermals to find 25 hostiles in the next room.

Pulling out two frag grenades, I kicked the door down, sending it flying across the room. I then looked in to find gang members AND white masks in the room. They were all taken off guard, and many of their faces showed their shock when faced with a spartan supersoldier.