Chapter 29

3RD POV

Chief slowly maneuvered through the hallways of the Forward Unto Dawn in zero gravity. All he knew was that the ship had gone through the slipspace portal, and then something happened. Looking up, he maneuvered to where there was a large gash in the hull of the ship

Chief: What happened?

Cortana: I'm not sure. When Halo fired it shook itself to pieces, did a number on the Ark. The portal couldn't sustain itself, we made it through just as it collapsed. No, some of us made it.

At this point Chief had made it to where the cut in the ship was, finding that only half the ship made it through the portal

At this point Chief had made it to where the cut in the ship was, finding that only half the ship made it through the portal. But as he looked out, he noticed a familiar planet.

 But as he looked out, he noticed a familiar planet

Y/N POV

"Slip-space Rupture Detected"

At those words my movements came to a dead stop.

Y/N: Dot?

Dot: I have detected a slipspace rupture in orbit. The ship looks to be on a collision course 30 miles outside of Albany New York.

Y/N: What else have you found?

Dot: The ship looks to be inactive and I am getting no transmissions from it currently. I will update you when I find out more.

Y/N: We better get going then.

I then maneuvered to the front of the warthog and got in the driver's seat. I looked out at the organized chaos going on at the UN before I put the warthog into gear and drove off.

Iana POV

I arrived late to find the situation at the UN seemed to have ended. According to what I heard, the whole building was clear of terrorists, and all hostages had been saved. Looking around, I found Mira walking out of the building so I walked up to her.

As I got closer I noticed her face was very pale, and that her eyes seemed to be glazed over.

Iana: Mira are you okay?

Mira: yea... I just need a minute.

She walked over and sat down on one of the benches outside the UN with her head in her hands like she had a headache.