Chapter 1 - What's a Girl Gotta Do

Applejack's POV--

Time- Tuesday/6:30 PM

Rarity and I decided to pass the time to watch some videos from the play while she was doing my hair.

"Haha! I can't believe I actually missed this." Rarity burst out with a fit of laughter.

"Yeah, and hey, if you knew, I'd bet you do anything in your power to try and design those little old-timey outfits their wearing." I chuckled.

Rarity clicked her tongue. "Trust me when I say: I don't mean to be rude, but those outfits are absolutely horrid, they should fire the designer."

"Rares, I don't think I can trust you if that's your way of not being rude."

Rarity continued brushing my hair, her soft delicate hands pushing the brush further through till she reached its ends and started from the top.

I like doing things like this, just me and her cracking a few jokes and laughing, if anything, I wish it would last longer.

"Hey, umm, Rares?" My voice started to shake.

"Yes?" She said with her usual light angelic voice.

"I uhh was wondering if you were, by any chance, free tomorrow to grab some food?" I blushed.

"Well, Wednesdays are my and Fluttershy's regular spa treatments, I don't see why you couldn't join us."

"Well, I was hoping just me and you?"

Rarity started to laugh as she was braiding my hair.

"Why on heavens would we abandon Fluttershy, she's an absolute sweetheart." Rarity started to chuckle even more.

I mentally groaned, either Rarity is this bad at taking a hint or she's just teasing me for the sake of her own pleasure. What's a girl gotta do to get her point across?

"No- Rarity, I meant like, after your spa date, we could go grab some food at that new Chinese restaurant that opens just downtown, just me and you catching up on the old days... fun right?" I was blushing like a maniac at this point and trying to not breakdown in a nervous fit.

"I'm just teasing you, darling, I'd be delighted to join you, how do you feel about picking me up 5:30 tomorrow at the Day Spa down the street from Sugercube Corner. I actually wouldn't mind catching up with you" Rarity started to chuckle a little bit.

"I mean seriously when was the last time the two of us could just sit down and talk."

"Um Rarity, we're doing that now." I giggled a little.

"Oh! Well, I suppose we are." Rarity smiled then sat her hands upon ma shoulders and pouted her lip.

"Something wrong, Rares?" I asked hesitantly.

"Not wrong, exactly. Rather missing." Rarity then walked into her bathroom and started looking for something for a good 30 seconds.

"Ah-ha. Found it!" She said in a sing song-ly way.

She came back out and set a tiny little blue box with her signature diamond on the front as a lock and opened it. The context inside the box was a bunch of small fake flowers with the stems cut short, she then proceeded to take out a few lightly colored green ones and hold them in between her fingers, kinda the same way she would do with pins when she would sew. Rarity then opened up a drawer to her dresser and pulled out two white rubber bands and proceeded to tie them on my hair the same way I normally would.

"And... Done!" Rarity cheered gleefully before handing me a small white mirror, which I used to see what exactly she had done to my hair.

Upon inspection, Rarity had little braids going from the side of my hair to the back which was kept in a beautifully made long braid with a few green flowers placed in just the right spots, and instead of my normal red hair tie, she took a white one and tied it.

"Like it?" Rarity's voice sounded a bit shaky.

"Like it, Rares, I love it!" I said turning a light pink blush.

Right then, I stood up in from the chair and hugged her.

"Thank you so much." I flashed a smile.

"No need to thank me, darling. What are friends for."

I broke out of the embrace. I couldn't help with the fact that Rarity went through all that trouble of doing ma hair after I've been postponing it for so long.

"No, Rares, I mean it." reached in my wallet and pulled out 20$ bucks.

"A-Applejack you don't need to pay m-" I took her hand and placed it in her fist before closing it tightly.

"Take it, I insist." A flashed her a side smile.

"I see my generosity is rubbing off on you?"

"You could say that." I said rubbing the back of my neck and giving an awkward smile.

I took my phone off the dresser and check the time, 7:55, I really should get going home by now.

"Sorry to cut this short but its 7:55 and I gotta get home soon before Granny Smith gets on me for late curfew and makes me doing extra charge." I chuckle half heartedly and grabbed my hat and sat it on its rightful place.

"Oh! I almost forgot to give you something"

Once again, Rarity went off to find something, this time in her closet rummaging through some closet, once out, Rarity had her hands behind her self.

"Jackie, darling, do be a dear and close your eyes for a spilt second." Rarity send leaning in forward.

I obliged, though I was a bit frightened of what Rarity would do.

"Hold out hands." A heard her voice still in the same spot in front of me

Still obeying her orders, I stretched my arms out with my hands flat, the back of my hands facing the floor, Rarity then went on to grab my left hand and placed something in it.

"Ok, now open them." Rarity commanded

Opening my eyes and looking down, I found that Rarity had place a light brown satchel handbag with the dimensions of that of a notebook turned on its side, with my signature apple print sewed on the bottom of the top layer right where you'd put your hand to open it.

"I heard how much you dont like the big oversized pursing, and the way a backpack isn't something you can just storm into a store with, so I got you this, I was planning for saving it for later, but now I suppose is a good a time as any." Rarity started to blush

I couldn't help but form a tear, if Rarity wasn't the sweetest person I knew then I'd be darned, but something in the way that Rarity gives without a care in the world makes me like her even more then I did before, I guess now, I'm finally owning up to the thought of having a crush on Rarity. I pulled her in for a tight embrace with my arms at the same level of her hips with my fingers intertwined together with her hands wrapped around my neck.

I pulled out of the embrace and said my usual 'thank you's and she escorted me to the front door, the only thing was, as we were laughing as we approached the door Rarity's mom and Sweetie Belle standing in the door way.