Chapter 5 - This isn't a Date, Right?

Applejack POV--

Time: Wednesday/6:00 PM

Rarity and I were chatting as we were waiting for our dinner to arrive. We sat across from each other in one of the tables at a booth.

"Haha, you're kidding, right?" Rarity asked me.

"No, I'm serious, Pinkie had to pull licorice out of her nose for weeks after that incident," I remarked.

"So that's what that was..." Rarity looked down.

We must've been sitting down for a bit for the atmosphere to really settle down with the warm lights and the black leather on the seats to really make you feel more comfortable like at home, but I couldn't help but feel out of place when there is the most beautiful person sitting in front of me.

"Yoo-hoo, Applejack." Rarity waved a hand in front of me.

"Oh- uh, huh?" I said stammering.

"You spaced out on me there you were kinda just staring at me for a bit, also our food is here." Rarity said I look down and noticed she was right, and that our food was here.

"Oh, I, uh, wasn't trying to stare at ya kinda just was, uh, thinking," I said trying to save the awkwardness that was me just blankly staring at her.

"It's fine, I know I can be quite an eye-catcher." Rarity winked.

Maybe Rarity said stuff like that to everyone but it felt a little bit now, either that or I can't seem to remember her saying stuff like that to anyone.

I start to take my chopsticks and tried to pick up the lo mein. Each noodle starting to fall from my grasp at each failed attempt to arrange the chopsticks in between my fingers.

"Here, look, you take the first one and put the bottom in the crease of your thumb, and push the other end up against your middle finger..." She started to use her chopsticks as an example.

"Then you take the other one and push it against your thumb and the knuckle of your index finger as a guide, and with that, you should be able to use your..." Rarity looked up to see my very messed up technique of using chopsticks of taking one and each hand and trying to lift one.

"Here let me." Rarity said before she sat up and took the chopsticks out of my hand. proceeded to lift the noodles to my mouth.

"Here." She commanded, I opened my mouth and she started to mouth feed me, I could almost feel ma face blushing a deep red at Rarity's smile from her want to help me, I took it trying to not look like a little child but I knew I was being sloppy with the food, nearly spilling it.

"I think Imma just take the fork instead." I started to unravel the napkin that was encasing the fork in it, pulling it out, and using that instead.

"So uh, I heard you and Twilight were building some project, what was it about?" I said trying to recover from the odd altercation of her feeding me.

"It was about Star Swirl the Bearded some "amazing" scientist that Twilight is fascinated about. She and I split the project in two, I designed the show box to make it look like Star Swirl in his lab and Twilight wrote a rather... lengthy report." Rarity said tilting her head to the side at her bowl of food.

"Well, I'm sure it looks perfect, you're working on it. Heck, anything you touch is bound to look ten times better." I said pushing my hat on my head flashing her a confident smile.

"Applejack you don't mean that." She looked down at her lap blushing.

"I mean it, sugercube, wouldn't tell anyone else that." I leaned on the table smiling at her.