Chapter 4 - New Day, New Chances

Applejack's POV---

Time: Wednesday/ 3:30 PM

*RRIINNGG* 

"And please, don't forget students we have a physics test-taking places Friday, and I cannot stress this enough, please study." The teacher, Ms. Cheerliee, said as the students quickly started packing and heading for the door. I took my backpack and slung it around my shoulder trying to make pass the barrage of students pushing themselves out into a sea of sweaty others. By the time I make it to the parking lot, there are a handful of students talking amongst themselves against some cars.

I walked up to my red truck and took my keys out of my front pocket and started to find the right key. "Applejack!" I dropped my keys and looked and at who called me. Rarity was speed walking toward me then bent over to catch her breath. "I ... Thought you were...gone by now." She said in between breaths. I bent over to pick up my keys. "There uh something you need, Rares?" I asked putting the key in the door.

"I was just making sure you didn't forget about our dinner." Rarity said twiddling her fingers. 

"Now why would I forget that?" I opened the door to the car. Rarity grabbed my arm before I couldn't move my keys to my other hand.

"I-uh I wanted to apologize for what I said earlier about stooping so low." Rarity said with a guilt-ridden facial expression. "I wasn't thinking when I said it, I know now that it might have hurt your feelings." Rarity starting to look down not wanting to face me.

"It's fine, Rarity really. I wouldn't just cancel plans like that without telling you. I'll still pick you up at 5:30 as we planned." I smirked. 

"Ok, I'll be sure to make our reservation." I got in the car in the driver's seat and put the key in the ignition. "And Applejack please don't forget." Rarity leaned on the door through the open window. "Yes?" I sounded more scared then intended.

"Lying is not a good color on you, you're more an autumn type." Rarity said, I really didn't have a quick snarky remark as I started to sputter for something to say and with that Rarity walked off to an awaiting Fluttershy standing by a teal Sedan.

Time skip --------

Rarity's POV---

Time: Wednesday/ 3:43 PM

"I still think it hurt her more than she's letting on, Rarity," Fluttershy said pulling up to a halt at a red light. 

"Fluttershy, darling please, If something is wrong with Applejack surely she'd tell me, I mean who else would she tell? We're friends darling." Fluttershy didn't look too convinced.

"She could tell me, Dashie, Pinkie Pie, Twilight, or Sunset, you know, the other people in our friend group," Fluttershy said leaning her head on her arm resting on the car door, waiting for the light to change.

"Well enough about me, why on heavens didn't you tell me about you and "Dashie"?" I questioned, I couldn't find a truly good reason why to keep such a secret from friends. Unless, of course, it was a one time- heat in the moment scenario.

"Rainbow and I wanted to keep it a secret, I didn't want to tell you guys about something that probably wasn't even real, to begin with, we waited till we were an actual couple, and not make a big deal out of something fake," Fluttershy explained.

"Aw you guys are really a couple, so uh how did that happen, if you don't mind me asking." I normally have an eye for this sort of thing, two people having the same hobbies or interests are just destined to be, which Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash lacked, on rather multiple accounts.

"We were at her house, on the couch eating popcorn and watching movies, and one move to the next and.. in the heat of greasy popcorn and watching Beauty and the Beast-" Fluttershy started to laugh. "We kissed, and then maybe a week or two later and we were a thing.