Chapter 6 - I'll Keep You Warm

A/N- Don't play the music yet, I'll let you know. Make sure your volume is turned down a bit so the music sounds more like it's in the background while your reading. Headphones or earbuds are highly recommended.

Applejack's POV---

Time: Thursday/ 3:34 PM

School had just ended and like yesterday there were tons of students pushing each other to get to their destination.

I was gaining on the door to the parking lot when someone grabbed my arm.

"Applejack?" The accent gave it all away, Rarity.

"Yeah?" I turned around and tipped my hat up out of my face.

"I forgot to ask you earlier, what did you have in mind for our date?" She started to look away blushing a light pink, letting go of my arm.

"Big Mac is gonna have the truck all day and come back near the end of the day, I was thinking then I could take you somewhere, but I don't have any other ideas as to how to spend the rest of the day," I replied

She paused for a second. She looked at the ceiling at bit her lip, thinking. Once she was done, she looked back at me. "I got an idea, it'll be a surprise, I'll be at your place at 5:00, that sound okay?" She asked tilting her head a tad bit.

"M-my place, this is just our first date, I don't think-" Rarity placed a finger over both of my lips.

"Darling, I'm a lady and ladies don't pull stunts like that on the first date." Rarity assured me.

"Walk me to my car?" Rarity asked, her voice shifting to a lighter, sweeter, tone.

I opened the door backing out of the way and holding it so Rarity could walk out first and followed right after her.

Her gray car was parked to the left of the parking lot. Once we got there she turned around to face me.

"Your car's right here. What did ya need me to walk you here for?" I asked.

"To be honest, Applejack, I needed to pull you away for a split second." She grabbed my chin and stood on her tip-toes, turned my face to the right, and planted a kiss on my left cheek. Her left hand staying on my shoulder until the kiss was over. I went wide-eyed in embarrassment, I could practically feel the red burning on my face.

"I-I- uh... y'all have a-a good drive home." I could feel my self shaking with each word.

"You too.." She pointed behind me to a waiting Big Mac leaned against the truck on his phone.

I tipped my hat to Rarity and walked to the truck.

Timeskip--------

"Then she kissed my cheek, I didn't know what to do!" I moaned. After Big Mac and I got home, I laid on the couch talking to Apple Bloom who was sitting in a rocking chair beside the couch.

"That's a good thing, and after you guys do whatever you're gonna do here, Big Mac will already be back, so then you can take her to that beach down the street, nobody's gonna be there," She said.

"That was the plan but I still gotta wait to see what Rarity's surprise is," I replied

"With all that she's doing, I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up in lingerie." Apple Bloom rolled her eyes.

"Apple Bloom! If Granny heard you saying stuff like that you wouldn't know what the outside of your room is gonna look like after a while." I snarked

I didn't know what Rarity had in mind while she was over here, but hopefully, I still have time to take her to the beach down the street.