Chapter 13 - Pop's Old Guitar

*WARNING⚠ THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME SEXUAL CONTENT AND INAPPROPRIATE USE OF ALCOHOL, (I know you all are gonna read this anyway, but you have been warned)!⚠"

Rainbow Dash's POV--

Time- Tuesday/3:45 PM

I walked down the hallway as the wooden floors squeaked more than usual and the crate of bottles I carried, clinked and clanged against one another. The sounds of a slow melody being played on a guitar echoed from the door at the very end of the hallway grew louder as I approach the room. I leaned on the doorway as I watch Applejack play with her eyes closed and the sun shining right over her shoulder where she sat. Wow, she really looks peaceful for a change.

"YO APPLES!" I gladly shouted in the most extreme way possible. She tilted her hat upward letting the light shine through fully capturing her outfit of an orange plaid, jeans, and her regular cowgirl boots.

"Howdy, Dash." She greeted before pushing the pick back onto the strings and playing again.

I put the crate on the ground, picked up a bottle, cracked it opened and helped myself to some apple cider.

I picked up the crate and sat on Applejack's bed before stretching out my arm and handing her a bottle.

"Is this what you came here for?" She asked as she took the bottle out my hands.

I took a sip of mine before I answered. "It's part of the reason." She nodded as she took a sip after opening the bottle and went back to playing guitar.

"I know it's a sore subject but-"

"I don't wanna talk about it." She cut me off.

"Oh, trust me I wouldn't either, but you screwed up. You owe it to yourself to not ruin this between everyone else, especially Rari-" 

"Ya know, my dad was the one who taught me how to play guitar." She said solemnly. "In fact, this is his guitar." She stopped playing and stared at the guitar.

She stuck out a closed fist which I opened my hand under and she dropped a pick in my hand. 

 'BM+PB'

The letters were personalized into the wooden pick. "I-I... Your mother taught your father how to play, didn't she." I asked, handing her back the pick. "Yep..." She took a sip of apple cider.

"I looked up to the two for my whole life. They just always seemed to be so perfect, I can't think of one time I saw 'em slipping. It makes me wonder if someone so perfect could....go away the way they did...." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "They didn't deserve what they got... I'm trying to figure out what I deserve." She's gotta be losing it.

"Look, I'm sure your parents were good people, but nobodies perfect. No, they didn't deserve what they got, I'm not sure what they deserved but I do know this: You're far from perfect, but I know you regret what you did, regretting is the first step of swallowing your pride and saying you were in the wrong."

"I'm not too sure if its that easy..." 

"What happened that night?"

-The Week Before-

Applejack's POV---

Time: Monday/ 9:54 PM

Summer Festival Day 2: