nine

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter nine

Making the best out of a very complicated and depressing situation was harder than it seemed. Sometimes there wasn't always a bright side, maybe she just had to dig deeper to find it. But all that was on her mind as the car ride dragged on, was sleeping and trying to forget this ever happened.

Her dark eyes bags weighed heavily on her droopy eyelids, practically pulling them down. Unfortunately, she couldn't bring herself to drop her guard. The two boys in the car with her seemed nice and looked like they actually wanted to help her, yet, she just couldn't bring herself to accept that people like them actually exist in this cruel world.

To pass the time, Olivia had counted each and every turn that they made. A habit she had picked up everytime she was in an unknown place in an unknown car.

"We're here."

Olivia picked up her head from leaning on the car door and turned to the right to see a big house on the side of the street. It didn't look at all suspicious or not normal; it looked plainly ordinary actually.

She hopped out the jeep, landing gracefully on the pavement, footsteps nonexistent to sound. Nervously checking out the house, Scott walked up nonchalantly up to the front door and walked right in. Before Olivia walked in, she turned around to the boy behind her.

"Tell your dad I said thanks."

Stiles looked up at her, "Oh, yeah of course-'' He stopped himself mid sentence as he thought over the words in his head. "Wait, how'd you know he was my dad?"

The brunette paused, thinking about her answer. "It wasn't too hard to put the pieces together because of how familiar the station was to you, then how the Sheriff would get irritated every time you touched something you weren't supposed to. Either you were a frequent delinquent visitor–but you don't seem to be the type– or you were family." she simply stated.

Stiles's jaw fell slightly open at the perfect observation. How on earth did she pick up all of that in less than an hour or so? Even Stiles couldn't answer that. "Whoa– are you like a detective or something? How did you put that together?" he asked, almost suspicious.

"A habit of mine." she smiled halfway at him, not really wanting to elaborate on the topic.

The boy waved and said goodbye and turned to go back to his car, leaving Olivia on the house's porch, ready to walk into this warm looking household.

As she strolled in cautiously, half expecting a trap to be launched at her, instead she walked into a conversation between a mom and son.

"Hey mom, I was wondering if Olivia could stay here for a bit." Scott said with pleading eyes, hoping his mom wouldn't yell at him for taking in some random girl.