thirty-five

Chapter thirty-five✓

Olivia, Stiles, and Lydia were now in the upstairs of the school looking for the bus bomber. Not exactly how Olivia wanted to spend her after school hours, yet here she was, running around a hot and humid highschool while sweating through her shirt. And it didn't help that the lower levels of the school are hotter than the one before.

"Scott and Isaac are in the basement, right?"

Olivia stopped mid walking, a terrible feeling washing over her in that single moment. She didn't like open-ended questions. "Yeah, with dumb fuck number one and two."

"The plan is we meet in the middle, in the boiler room." Stiles responded while ducking under desks and chairs in hopes of finding Barrow hiding underneath one coincidentally.

"You mean the ones with glowing eyes are going to be in one room all together? The very ones Barrow is looking for?" Olivia froze, beginning to feel a bit worried while hoping she was wrong. She couldn't care less if the twins died, but wouldn't let Scott and Isaac go with them.

Stiles then turned around with his mouth open and jaw slack.

"Oh my god. An engineer could use a boiler room to blow up the whole school." He realized the mistake that they made.

"We have to get them out of there." Lydia said.

"Only two of them, the other two, not so much." Olivia added.

"We need to have a distraction to get everyone evacuated out of the school. If we're really desperate, I think I know a way." Olivia looked at both Stiles and Lydia, waiting for confirmation.

"Anything will do at this point." Stiles said.

Some part of Olivia was excited, another thing to check off her bucket list. "Where's the nearest fire alarm?" she asked.

"Um. Math hallway." Stiles answered a little bit too quickly which was rather suspicious.

They instantly ran up to the red block on the wall which was a quick sprint from where they were and looked around for anyone before pulling it. Olivia was about to pull it down before Stiles stopped her.

"Wait. Maybe I should do it." Stiles suggested. He honestly didn't want for her to get detention or any penalties and he was used to it by now — didn't affect him too much.

Liv looked at him and scoffed, "It's not like I have any parents to disappoint." She said effortlessly, leaving the other two teens stunned by her bluntness and without hesitation she pulled it.

The sound bounced around the school, a deafening sound that made her ears ache.

While Olivia was enjoying her time pulling the alarm Lydia had noticed someone was behind her with a not so happy face, causing her to stiffen. Stiles looked back over to her and noticed it too, internally cringing at what was about to occur.

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows wondering why they were looking at her like she had two heads, but then the hairs stood up on the back of her neck. Turning around, she was met by the stern eyes of Coach Finstock and she physically flinched.

Coach pulled her out by her arm roughly, Lydia and Stiles following right behind, out into the outside area of the school scolding her.

"Pulling a fire alarm on Mischief Night is one thing. Doing it when there's a mass murderer spotted nearby is insane!" He yelled at her while she tried not to listen. "I would expect this from Stiles, but you? Disappointing."

He let go of her arm and grunted, "If I were four years younger than you, I'd punch you."

Olivia's face contorted to a confused one while she tried to process what Coach was trying to say. "Huh? That doesn't make any sense."