thirty-eight

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter thirty-eight✓

Olivia Flynn should have thought this one through. She was currently walking to the Clinic. The route had become way too familiar to her as she had come to the place too many times for her liking. She doesn't have a car, so she just decided to walk, not wanting to bother anyone to ask for a ride because then they would have asked what she was doing and that would be too bothersome. All she needed was a refill of the pills that had cleansed her brain for a mere week, but it was one of the best weeks sleep wise for her. The reason she was hesitant to come back when they first ran out was the fact that she didn't know what she had taken, why Deaton gave them to her and how Deaton would react if she came back so early.

As the wind blew against her face making her cheeks turn red, she kept thinking to herself. Thinking about all the possibilities about her and her so-called abilities that had also been circling her mind. The thing that bothered her the most was that her kind was known for destruction. That worried her slightly.

Fated to be miserable.

She kept walking alongside the road for another fifteen minutes until she came to a halt outside the Animal Clinic. Finally mustering up the courage, she pulled the door open and the small bell rang above her.

Biting the inside of her cheek, she walked further into the building and to the back room where she saw Deaton putting away files, organizing in general. Without a doubt he knew she was there or else it would be quite awkward, so she walked into the room.

The vet lifted his head from where he was originally positioned and turned to face the girl.

"How can I help you today, Olivia?" He asked with a brilliant monotone face put upon himself.

Liv looked at him. "I want to know why you lied to me."

She mentally cringed, wondering if that was too broad or too vague. Maybe he lied to her about multiple things and he doesn't know where to start? Well, it was said, nothing she could do about it now other than wait.

The vet pursed his lips, knowing it would catch up with him sooner or later, just that later happened to be now. He let out a deep breath and put down the files he was cleaning up before she came in. "I did it for the right reason." he said simply like it would solve all of her problems.

She moved further into the room, seeing that she was actually getting somewhere with this conversation. The girl didn't have high expectations when walking here, she thought he would've denied it.

"But I want answers, okay?" The vet nodded. "I already know most of it, but I just want clarification about my other source-"

"Other source?"