twenty-three

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter twenty-three✓

Olivia stared at the white tiles, processing everything that had occured in the last twenty or so minutes. Her head was throbbing, stomach felt like a washing machine, and worst of all, she would have to go home to an empty house. Scott and Melissa were gone, leaving her alone...again. She sat in the hospital's chairs in the entrance hallway with Stiles, waiting for the police to arrive. No one said anything. The silence was deafening. The sirens got closer and louder, but it felt silent to her.

Was it the betrayal she was feeling? It sure felt like it. Seeing how easy it was for Scott to just give up on them just like that infuriated her head to toe. Did she even have a house key?

The doors swung open revealing an FBI agent. As soon as the agent turned around, Stile's groaned out loud, forwadly showing his distaste for this particular man. "Just perfect." he muttered under his breath, just loud enough for Olivia to hear.

The man walked over to the teens and looked at them but with disapproval. "Ah, a Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker." He practically sneered. His eyes traveled to the other person beside him who was staring at him like he had walked in wearing a clown outfit. "I know you." he said while studying her with the slightest hint of amusement.

Her head shot up, confused. She had never seen this man before in her entire life before today.

"I looked over your case." he crossed his arms looking at her with judgmental eyes. "How'd you wander over here?"

This guy annoyed her. A lot. Of course, everyone at the police departments knew about the family that was brutally murdered, leaving only one survivor that had somehow run away.

"I walked. With my two feet." Olivia said as if it weren't the most obvious thing.

"You do know you're still a prime suspect in a murder case, right?"

"And do you know that you have no jurisdiction here unless you go through the Sheriff, right?" Olivia was fucking exhausted and it seemed that this guy was just going to bother her more, so she instantly got fed up.

The man had visible annoyance written all of his face, and Olivia found it amusing how easily she could get under his skin.

He continued on with his little interrogation, completely ignoring Olivia's comment and her existence entirely. "Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" he asked Stiles, who kept staring at the man with an obvious murderous intent.

"If you ask the question without the usual level of stupid." he fired back.

Something hinted Olivia that this man was not very liked by the Stilinski family.