thirty- three

Chapter thirty-three✓

Turns out, getting a goodnight sleep without waking up screaming or having nightmares actually feels good. Olivia walked into the school, feeling the best she'd felt in a long time. It was an odd feeling to say the least. She wasn't jumpy, her eyelids weren't as heavy as a rock — it was really nice.

Whatever Deaton had given her, worked and she wasn't sure if she should be grateful or suspicious. She had tried every drug store medicine there was known to man: melatonin, advil, tylenol, literally everything to sleep, but nothing had worked. But the supernatural veterinarian-know-it-all's concoction, had. It slipped her mind to even ask Deaton what was in the pills before taking them.

Olivia paid close attention for the first time in a while, she could hear perfectly and wasn't being pestered by the mister under her bed. It was definitely strange to not feel it's lurking presence stuck to her like her own shadow. She would have to save the questioning for later because she needed this, needed this time to get back on her feet.

"Stiles?"

Mr.Yukimura called from across the front of the room. Since Olivia was actually paying attention for once and being very attentive, she wondered why her friend wasn't getting up and going up to...read

"You can't read in dreams. More and more the last few days, I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words, I can't put the letters in order."

Her pencil fell out of her hand and onto her notes. Surely Stiles could just ask not to participate, right? Mr.Yukimura wouldn't force him to read...right?

She was wrong.

Stiles politely declined at first but Mr.Yukimura insisted.

"I can do it." Olivia suggested, pleading to avoid this creeping situation that could go south at any moment.

The teacher's eyes moved off of Stiles and onto her. "Everyone participates in my class, Mrs.Flynn." he said. She wasn't even given a chance to protest.

She could see Stiles gulp nervously as he now stood at the front of the class. His hands were gripping to the podium like it was his only sense of balance. Olivia was sitting on the edge of her seat, finding herself ready to bolt up and catch him before he hit the floor if it were to happen — and the possibility of it coming true was increasing by the second.

Subjected to the rising tension, the brunette watched as he began to subtly shake and turn frighteningly pale in a matter of just a few seconds, breathing heavily. Olivia quickly turned to meet Scott's face, both matching with a nervous expression.They shared a very quick conversation with just a single look. Without necessarily wasting time, they both stood up at the exact same time and walked up to Stiles's side.

"We should take him to the nurses office." Scott said, trying to keep the boy upright while Olivia held his shoulder.

Mr.Yukimura crooked a brow, but didn't hesitate and nodded with an odd gleam in his eyes.

Saving Stiles from the burning gaze of the other students who were obviously confused and curious as to why they all ran out, the three headed out of the classroom calmly, but the moment they exited, their speed picked up and into the nearest room which ended up being the boys bathroom. Stiles practically fell through the door, looking hilariously around the room. Olivia looked back up to Scott who was just as terrified as her. All they could do was watch as he stumbled about the empty bathroom.

Stiles grabbed onto the sink and muttered to himself, "It's just a dream, It's just a dream." over and over again deliriously.

"No, it's not. You're real. You're here with us." Scott said. His steps were cautious as if he were to frighten the boy. "This is real, Stiles."