twenty-six

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter twenty-six✓

Walking back into the room where her friends stood and waited with bated breaths, her worries only increased seeing as the weight of what Deaton had just told her was finally starting to settle in. Her heart was picking up in her chest, drumming to an imaginary beat that was too fast for her liking.

When her eyes finally pulled themselves off from the ground, she unintentionally made direct eye-contact with Scott who looked pale as a ghost. At first, Olivia thought that he was just nervous because who wouldn't be? He was about to become a sacrificial surrogate for his mom who was being held captive by an evil witch. So, it didn't look out of the ordinary to her. That was until his eyes widened slightly and were trained on her and her only, following her as she moved to the front.

He moved forward like he was going to try and talk to her, and just as he did, it dawned on her that he was a supernatural being that had supernatural hearing and most likely heard everything her and Deaton had discussed.

Her once drumming heart stopped completely.

Scott tried to walk up to her but she quickly scooted behind Stiles's tub and Scott was pushed to his tub, creating much appreciated space between the two. Scotts gaze never left her and Olivia could feel it lingering on her and it was annoying. So, finally having enough of it, she turned to her and gave a short thumbs up that he did not seem too thrilled about.

"We'll talk about this later." He said, not breaking eye contact with her.

If there is a later. Olivia wanted to respond but she kept her mouth clamped shut.

Her sweaty hands gripped the sides of the metal tub and watched as Stiles eye'd the freezing water up, very evident distaste on his face.

"Think of it as a nice ice bath." Olivia prompted, attempting to somehow miraculously lighten the mood in the room.

Stiles looked at her. "I have never taken an ice bath."

"Me neither. So, when you come back, tell me how it was, yeah?" she smiled faintly at him. It might have seemed like a simple response, but it was anything but. Between the two, an unspoken, hidden agreement was made. You have to come back. It was what Olivia really meant. They all had to come back. There was no way Olivia could lose another family, it would destroy her.

It just made the stakes higher. 

The boy looked as if he had gotten the meaning, nodding. "I will." And then he hopped into the tub of freezing water.

His hands gripped the brim of the metal tub. His veins turned icy cold and he shivered at the ice touching his pale skin. The three were fully submerged into the water, all freezing and turning blue.