twenty-eight

☾☾☾☾

           we have now entered 3b ladies and gents

☾☾☾☾

Chapter twenty-eight✓

It was cold.

Shivers crawled up and along Olivia's arms that were covered with thin fabric.

Her bare feet carried her along the cold tiles of the deserted high school, feet blue from the frigid contact. Somehow, the tile seemed colder than the actual place. She looked around the hallways where students used to walk and talk with their friends only to find empty classrooms. Her feet guided her about the building, roaming free. Each turn she made she found not a single soul in the building. Her feet that were once guiding her, stopped abruptly in the middle of the hallway, her heart plummeting to the ground.

A feeling made her halt, the paranoid feeling of being watched from afar.

But it was an empty building as far as she knew.

The feeling settled in her stomach, tying tightening knots that caused alarm to shoot through her system.

Olivia kept walking. Every once in a while she would turn around, feeling as if something was following her, but nothing was there every single time, like she was just a split second late with spinning around. The girl came to a fast stop when she heard a loud noise echo throughout the building. Her breaths fastened, not knowing what the noise was or what was causing it. It sounded as if it were coming from everywhere, surrounding her entirely. Every instinct in her body told her to run, keep moving — and she always trusted her instinct.

So, she moved forward, toward another empty hallway...or so she thought.

Once she rounded a corner near the boys locker room, her eyes immediately found another figure roaming the place, and a familiar one too.

Stiles was also in the school. He was in his pajamas, bare feet and wandering around with no destination just as she was.

"Stiles-"

Olivia had many questions but no chance to ask them as she felt her shoulders tense and her stomach drop once more. Something was directly behind her. About to turn around and face whatever was there, she was pulled from behind, being dragged farther and farther away from Stiles who acted like he couldn't even hear her.

She screamed and clawed at the tiles, desperately trying anything to get away and make a break from it. She felt so helpless being dragged away and not being able to get help that was only a few feet away. It was like whatever was pulling her wanted her to find help only to pull her away from it for amusement.

Her nails scratched along the floor of the school as her voice cracked from all the yelling and screaming.

Stiles turned for a second like he had heard something, but he then kept walking.