thirty

Chapter thirty✓

Olivia's fingernails were next to nothing by the time Stiles pulled into her driveway.

With all of the nervous energy running about in her, she had to put it somewhere or else she might just go insane. A silent debate was occurring in her head, a debate about pouring out her feelings to him or keeping it to herself. It's not something that Olivia is good at for starters. Typically her true feelings come out in jokes or in one continuous word vomit.

Should she tell Stiles....everything? She's watched enough TV shows and movies to know and understand that lying gets you absolutely nowhere, so why not come clean?

But it would hurt them. She was keeping them safe by not doing or saying anything that would put her friends in any real danger.

That was the debate. For some reason, it felt too easy to tell one of her friends about what she was experiencing, like she was falling right into the palms of the creature that was haunting her.

The jeep came to a stop, pulling Olivia out of her thoughts. Being home alone while Scott was somewhere else, that Olivia had no clue about his whereabouts, was not ideal. She was scared. And Olivia does not scare easily.

Her emotions are always locked away in the back of her mind until nighttime where they break through and eat her alive, preventing her from gaining any sleep. So, being home alone, again, not the best idea at the moment.

Olivia is not the type of girl to open up in any way. She puts off her feelings until they end up consuming her because she doesn't like to feel exposed. Being curled up in her own little ball of pity in the corner of a dark room is where you'll find her.

Stiles turned to face her and looked at her with sad eyes. He could tell she was deteriorating inside. In the time that he's known her, she has never broken down like this before and it was completely out of character. There wasn't a side of her that he hadn't seen yet...well, that was until earlier.

Now, he was just worried.

"Thanks for the ride." She spoke quietly, still staring at her shaking hands.

Stiles' face dropped. A part of him was hoping she would have decided to tell him about the thing that was bothering her, but she wasn't going to. "Yeah, no problem." Stiles said, still hanging onto hope.

Instead of immediately getting out of the car, Olivia stayed still. She didn't move or say anything, just sat in the seat next to him. Something wasn't letting her move. If she were to get out of the car, it seemed to her that she would lose an opportunity.

Meanwhile Stiles was just looking at her oddly. As in 'why are you still in my car?'.

"Do you-"

"I'm ready to-"

Both of them ended up speaking over the other.

☾☾☾

One minute they were in Stiles' car and the next, sitting on Olivia's bed awkwardly.

Olivia didn't like being easily read or determined, so this was hard for her, this being to express her emotions that were going to be taken seriously.

"This all started when you all went down a couple of weeks ago." she started from the beginning, the beginning of when everything started to go to absolute shit.

Breaking the suffocating silence that was about to drive Stiles borderline insane, he looked up at her and his focus was all on her words and nothing else.