forty-four

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter forty-four✓

The pungent smell of gasoline assaulted Olivia's sense before she even saw the gas station approaching in the near distance. The weather was dastardly, cold and bitter as she walked. It was as if nature detested it's every waking moment since Void entered the body of its host. It wasn't typically cold or frigid in California (apart from some occasions), so it was out of character for such strong winds to push against her body like frozen daggers breaking skin.

Even if nature desired a world rid of the nogitsune, it thrived for the chaos.

A smirk made its way onto her lips as the gas station got closer, the wind getting stronger as if it was acting like a protective barrier between the innocent person in that station and the devil incarnate walking towards it. She had been walking for quite a while now, still in Beacon Hills, but just as far away from civilization as possible. Just the way she preferred.

"Now, this will be fun." She said to herself as her eye's studied the surrounding area. There were no other cars around, or any sign of life actually, making this the perfect crime. Even from this distance, she could easily see the vibrant neon red and orange open sign on the door that seemed to scream for someone, anyone to walk through the door. She would be more than happy to grant that wish.

Before her foot even touched the ground of her next step, enraging pain split through Void's head. Her hands shot up to each side, eyes forced wide open from the shock of this abrupt pain.

It didn't need to guess what was happening, already knowing the source of this radiating pain. "What is that crazy bitch doing up there?" She yelled aloud, her voice rising even though there was no other noise around other than the occasional birds squawking, grass rustling and the-

All of the sudden, there was too much noise. The dried leaves crunching, ground rumbling, grass brushing against each other, the strong winds pushing against her — it was all overwhelming her senses. It was incredible to experience so many elements at the same time — constantly overlapping one another. It wanted to destroy her.

Void was now on it's hands and knees, yelling at the top of her lungs. The ache was searing through her mind, splitting herself in half, it must have been for it to be this painful. Then, the leaves, pavement, grass, and wind went silent. Void's screams were gone.

Just as everything came, it went. But something was very different.

This wasn't the same Olivia.

Olivia Flynn was now on her hands and knees, the same position that she had seen from the small movie that was played on the wall. Her head snapped up, but then the world tilted and so did she. Her strength was depleted, back to her normal human endurance. It took more than she had to pull whatever she had just done and it was a price she had to pay for her escape. From what she could tell was that straight in front of her was the gas station. Her one and only escape.