thirty-two

Chapter thirty-two✓

With a start, Olivia sat right up with her hands flying to her stomach, the ghost of the intense pain from being impaled still lingered. It burned and ached, tears brimming her eyes. Hesitantly, she checked her hand that covered her torso. When she flipped it over, she half expected to see actual blood covering her, but there was none. Only a lingering memory of pain.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Olivia spun around with a frightened face to the figure of the voice. She almost jumped out of her skin when she saw Stiles sitting up with a worried expression.

"Jesus. Oh my god, I forgot you were there." she huffed out, her hand that wasn't glued to her stomach running over her face.

Stiles was sleeping, well, kind of sleeping. More like resting his eyes since he couldn't really sleep either, but he wouldn't tell her that — until she had jumped up which scared the shit out of him.

"Why are you sweating? Did you have another nightmare?" Her hair was sticking to her face due to the sweat. She was pale and slightly trembling.

"...yeah, wasn't the best." she gritted her teeth as another wave of pain rolled through her.

Stiles studied her as she screwed her eyes shut. "Are you hurt somewhere? You were here the whole time, I don't-"

Olivia started to get up, in need of some painkillers immediately. She almost tumbled off the bed if it weren't for Stiles steadying her. "I-I was impaled." she said through her teeth as she made her way down the stairs.

Stiles, who had gotten up and started to follow her, unsure if she would actually make it to the kitchen, his eyes instantly shot down to where she was holding her stomach and hunched over. There was no blood, only her hand.

"Impaled? I don't see any blood." Then it hit him. "In your dream? God, Liv." Then her legs gave out suddenly and she fell backwards into him.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I'm fine physically, but the pain is still there. I just need a couple painkillers and maybe an ice pack." Instead of Stiles letting her go, he wrapped her arm around his neck and helped her walk to the fridge.

"Can I check? Just to see if there's anything wrong, like, in case I need to call an ambulance." he waited for her answer. She nodded and sat on the counter, lifting up her shirt just so he could see her stomach.

There wasn't a big gaping hole or blood gushing out of some place. The minute his finger touched her skin, a shot of hot temperatures raced through his nerves, ripping his hand away. "Holy shit, you're hot." he said.

"I'm what?"

"Hot. Your stomach is hot. To the touch."

"Oh. Right." She cleared her throat. "T-that makes sense."

He turned around while she sat on the counter and pulled out an ice pack from the McCalls freezer. "Do you need me to duct tape it around you?" he asked, not sure if he actually meant it or not.

Olivia paused and thought about the idea that didn't seem too bad. "Um, how about I just lie down with it on me?" she said, finding it bothersome if she were to have something taped to her stomach.

So, she moved to the couch and placed it on her burning stomach. It still hurt like hell, but the ice felt amazing and calmed her down.

"So. Impaled, huh."

Olivia almost laughed. Almost. "Yeah. I was shish-kebabed."

"That's dark — I'm not going to laugh at this one."