seventeen

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter seventeen✓ 

Olivia sat on her bed, stillness rooting her to the sheets. Processing all the things that Deucalion had said to her; she was almost braindead. She was never completely done grieving her family's death, who would be? There would always be a constant reminder of an absent hole in her soul. But, she put on a strong suit for everyone else.

If she broke, there would be no turning back.

When you lose the most important people in your life, you never deal with it or get over it. It might seem like Olivia had barely noticed the lack of her own blood family, but in reality, her restless nights haunt her with never ending nightmares of finding her family's bodies all over again. Holding her little brother's lifeless body, while she uncontrollably wept in her arms as she remembered swearing to herself that she would always protect him. The nights where she would silently cry into her pillow trying not to wake any super hearing werewolves. Her greatest fear was losing the people she loved, being utterly alone.

That fear had come true. And the man who made it so, was just in her room, just having a conversation, just breathing the same air as her.

She was a happy person typically, even before the catastrophe of what left her traumatized. She socialized with whatever friends she had...which was usually her brother's best friend. Her family was a treasure to her, a stilt that helped her walk.

She tried to act strong, not to show how deeply she had been affected. The others kept an eye on her even if she didn't know it. They had expected her to break at a point where it was all just too unbearable, yet she never did.

They wanted to be there for her but she never opened up to any of them besides Allison. Allison who would listen to her worries, wipe her tears, and hold her close while whispering in her ear: "It's all okay, you're here and everything will be alright. You have us."

Scott would wake up in the middle of the night hearing the front door open and close. A signal to him that Olivia had gone to Allison's apartment. He wouldn't worry because a text would normally come in five or ten minutes later from Allision saying that she was with her.

Everything in that exact moment came crashing down on her. How was she able to continue breathing when everything was too much for her to handle? In no time, her breaths became rapid and heavy. Tears glossed her eyes to the point of blurring her vision. But, she wasn't crying because of the weight of her situation, she was crying out of frustration at the world for making her life so empty and complicated.

Pulling her knees to her chest hugging herself, her phone started to ring again.

She knew for a fact that in her current state, her ability to speak would be compromised. The debate prolonged in her head, and came to a solid conclusion of answering it. Even if she didn't and just shut her phone off, he would just call again and eventually show up at her door.