ten

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter ten

"Are you sure you want to transfer this early? You can stay here lon-"

Olivia picked up her dirty worn down converse, sighing, "Nope," she shut him down mid sentence, "I would rather start now and get used to it."

Scott looked at her curiously, wondering how she adapted so quickly. She was quite a mystery to him sometimes, the way in only a matter of days her life changed dramatically only for her to come out numb? For the little amount of days he has known her-- her as a person confused him. He couldn't figure her out.

"Okay, if you're so keen on going today," he picked up his helmet from the counter and then looked over at her. Sighing, he reluctantly gave her his spare helmet. "-Lydia and Allison wanted to show you around today, so you aren't lonely." Scott said and then walked out the door, Olivia not too far behind.

☾☾☾

The motorcycle came to a stop in front of a huge building that towered over Olivia, recognizable as the school they hid in a couple days ago. It was odd to see it in the daylight and not running for her life, a school-like atmosphere hanging around it. The teens and staff were all outside, teachers greeting the kids as they talked with their friends and headed inside for class.

The school looked more than normal, almost plainly ordinary. The red brick walls along with the school's name written boldly on the sign in front of them almost seemed intimidating to her.

"Name please." the front office lady said displaying no emotion whatsoever.

"Olivia Flynn."

The lady bent under the desk and pulled out a file with a couple of papers in it. She paused for a moment, her stare lingering on Olivia longer than she would've liked until after a second or more she then handed her the school's schedule and locker number.

Her hand reached out and took the papers from the woman. "Thank you, have a good day." Olivia replied, wanting to leave right away.

They walked out and into the hallways filled with students. Olivia immediately earned a lot of stares and whispers from students placed around the hallways, some at their lockers with their friends staring at her with a judgmental manner and others just plain out watching her as she continued to stroll through the hallway.

Olivia just kept walking, looking for her locker number that should be around where she already was. Sure, she could hear the people around her talking and whispering amongst themselves and spreading absurd made up rumors, yet it would be a waste of her time if she confronted them.

Coming at a stop at a locker that she believed was hers, she turned the lock until it opened revealing a worn down empty space before her, clear that many people have used it before her. As she was crouched down, putting away her shared books with Scott, a weary feeling came over her. The hair on the back of her neck stood straight up as a warning to her that something was wrong.