ii

L O U I S

L O U I S

Louis walked out of yet another unsuccessful meeting. Why was it so hard to have people sing his songs? It's not like he was trying to become a singer... no no he was way too shy for that. Stage fright was way too much.

And besides his voice wasn't all that great, it was average at best... demo worthy if you will, (at least in his opinion). But for some reason, none of the record labels in London wanted to work with him. He was sick of the constant embarrassment and humiliation; something had do give.

He walked to his flat with the melancholy expression on his face not faltering at all. He hated days like this.

Louis reached his flat door only to find it a jar, his first thought was about his dogs and if they had gotten out... but then he realised that if they had the door man (Ian... he was a lovely guy, always happy) would have definitely said something about it.

So then, his second thought was he had been robbed, and to be honest it would just be the cherry on top of a terrible day. Louis took a breath and prepared for the worst, opening the door and walking in to his flat.

Only to find he had, in fact, not been robbed and his best friend liam had just let himself into his house.

He would have preferred to have been robbed.

"What are you doing here, dickhead?" Louis asked sitting down on the couch next to him.

"Do I need a reason to visit my best friend in the world?" Liam asked through a mouth full of cookie crisp.

"Can you stop eating all my cereal?" Louis said grabbing the box "also the door was open Cliff and Bruce could have gotten out." He added looking over to his dogs, Bruce asleep under Liam's legs (which were placed on the coffee table... something Louis has told Liam to repeatedly stop doing) and Cliff was most likely asleep on Louis bed.

"have you eaten your cereal today?" Liam asked softly.

"i had toast before i left haven't had time to eat lunch yet." Louis said, he had been waiting for Liam to ask him what he had eaten that day... he literally does it every single day.

"why do you seem so upset, love?" Liam gave him a small sort of sympathetic smile.

"Just a bad meeting is all." Louis shrugged off however he felt that burning sensation in the back of this throat... you know the one you get when you're about to cry?

"Awe come here bubs." Liam pulled Louis in for a hug muting the TV. He kissed his head and Louis couldn't hold it in any longer. "Lou don't cry." Liam said running his hands through his hair.

"I promised her I'd do it," Louis cried "she didn't want me to leave, neither did the girls but I promised her I'd make it big, ive let her down." He cried again.

"Lou she's proud of you, you haven't let her down at all. Things are just hard right now, it's just a hard market to get into." Liam gave gentle strokes to his face.

"Maybe I should just go back home. I've been here since I was eighteen and nothing has happened..." louis wipes his tears.

"You're not leaving me lou, like it or not you're stuck with me," Liam smiled and Louis giggled. "And anyway Lottie's here now for uni, you're finally in the same city again there's no point in going home, the other girls have your dad."

"Yeah you're right," Louis said looking up at Liam "I love you." Louis smiled.

"Love you too mate," Liam smiled back "now come on... let's check up on the gossip of the world." He smiled and unmuted the tv.

"Business man Harry Styles is homophobic," the presenter said.

"This man?" Louis said with a laugh grabbing a magazine Harry Styles was on the cover of. "He's a homosexual if I've ever seen one... I can tell my own kind."

"... yes it's true! We caught up with singer Taylor swift after their breakup and she spilled all the tea about how he would constantly throw around the f-slur and even recounted a time where he asked for a gay couple to be kicked out of a restaurant in which Miss swift and Styles were eating at simply because they kissed." The reporter told the camera.

"What the fuck?" Liam said, his mouth slightly open from shock.

"That's so awful," Louis said "were you one half of the couple that god kicked out of the restaurant?" Louis joked.

"Louis homophobia isn't funny, you of all people should know that." Liam shook his head.

"I'm sorry but look at him," Louis threw the magazine at liam "those are dick sucking lips."

"If taylor is saying it—" Liam began but louis cut him off.

"Oh then it must be true," he rolled his eyes "Honestly Liam it's just cheap gossip." He shook his head.

"Why would she lie? And that's an oddly specific story to tell about the restaurant." Liam shrugged.

"Maybe," Louis said giving in "it's a shame really he's rather attractive."

"Really? You think so, I dunno there's something about that stone cold face that unnerves me," Liam said looking at the magazine "too intimidating." He shook his head.

"That's just a persona... have you ever heard of a nice business man?" Louis said.

"I don't really keep up with the business world if I'm honest Louis because I'm a..." he said pretending to think "oh yes that's right! I'm a student flipping pizzas in a miserable attempt to scrape by in life and help pay for a degree I'm probably never going to use." He smiled to Louis who laughed and hit his chest.

"You're an idiot," Louis kept laughing "Well I think you will be a great teacher li."

"Oh well if not at least I've got the thought of making pizzas for the rest of my life." He smiled dreamily, obviously kidding.

Both Louis and Liam hated their jobs but there's not really much you can do about it, you have to get by somehow. No one really likes their job anyway, Louis was sure of that. People who say they do are liars just trying to make themselves feel better.

After another hour or so louis got tired of watching Catfish: the TV show and sighed.

"When are we going out then?" He said slapping Liam's thigh .

"We might aswell start getting ready now," Liam shrugged and Louis looked at his phone seeing the time was 15:38.

"It's like twenty to four?" Louis said confused

"Honey we're gay, it's going to take us at least 5 hours to get ready." Liam laughed, and so did Louis because he knew it was true.