viii

⚠️TW: Small mentions of/ suggested eating disorders in this chapter

⚠️TW: Small mentions of/ suggested eating disorders in this chapter. Stay safe angels, if you need to talk I'm always here🤍

L O U I S

Breakfast with Harry was good, louis enjoyed it a lot. Harry was a lot less stuck up in real life than what the media portrayed him as, like a lot less.

Louis really hoped that what they were doing would work for Harry, not because he was counting down the days for it to end like he thought he would be in the beginning, but because Harry didn't deserve everything going around about him.

Speaking of, they were about to leave the cafe and enter that sea of flashes and screaming photographers again— and while Louis had taken his medication, he had just eaten which number 1) meant he was going to feel self conscious and 2) meant he was already feeling a little low, so he couldn't promise he wasn't going to have another anxiety attack. How he even made it into the cafe the first time without freaking out was a miracle.

As Harry paid for the breakfast and began to stand up Louis felt himself basically grab Harry's hand.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked. If he was honest he felt a little sick, but he wasn't going to tell Harry that because he was just going to ask questions and he didn't want to divulge into his issues with him right now.

So he just nodded and gave him a toothy smile, which Harry returned happily.

"Remember don't answer any questions, just walk straight to the car." Harry said and Louis nodded.

"Why is that?" He asked just out of curiosity.

"Well right now we don't have time, and once you answer one question you have to answer a million. And secondly they will just spin whatever you say to fit their own narrative anyway, it's really tiring." Harry just shrugged.

"Oh that makes sense." Louis accepted. Harry gave his hand one last squeeze and then they left the cafe.

It seemed as if there were like 10 times more people outside now than there was when they arrived, because the flashes were way more intense than Louis remembered. This was awful, he couldn't believe Harry dealt with this everywhere he went.

They were screaming orders at the pair but even if Louis wanted to follow what they were saying, he couldn't, because there were way too many people telling him to do things or asking him things at once he couldn't pick out any particular voice. Well accept Harry's, who had placed his lips right by his ear lobe and whispered simply;

"We'll be fine, theres no need to panic. The car is just there."

And normally, when someone tells him things like; "there's no need to panic" or, "clam down" or, "take a breath" he wants to slap them in the face because it's really not that simple. But something about Harry's voice, the way he was so soft yet assertive really made Louis believe that he was going to be fine.