Chapter 4

THE THORNTON RESIDENCE

The rays of the sun crept through the blinds, waking up Violet who was snuggled in his arms. He was still knocked out, peacefully asleep. They stayed up til 4 AM talking, among other things too. He was her favorite hookup, even though he was her first ever hookup.

"Stop drooling." JJ says, his eyes still closed.

"I like you better when you're asleep." Violet comments, throwing her teddy bear at him and getting up, only for him to pull her back in bed.

But it didn't last long since Topper started banging on the door. Good thing she locked it.

"V Wake up! We're gonna be late for that volunteer thing." Topper yells through the door.

"THAT DUDE'S YOUR BROTHER?! He's dudebro asshole of the year!" JJ jolts up, now fully awake.

"Shhhh! You really wanna fight him in your boxers?" Violet asks, covering his mouth. The two scramble around the room to look for their clothes. She picks up JJ's shirt from the floor and throws it at him.

"Is there someone in there?" Topper asks, hearing commotion.

"Go away! I'm on my period!" Violet yells, lying.

"Where are my shorts?" JJ asks as they frantically tore the room apart.

"We should do this more often, that was fun." Violet says, looking under the bed.

"What? Like friends with benefits?" JJ asks, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her close to him.

"Thought you weren't friends with kooks." Violet counters, handing him his shorts.

"Frienemies with benefits?" He asks, putting on his shorts

"No strings." Violet agrees. He pulls her in for a kiss before grabbing his backpack and leaving out the window. 

DOWNSTAIRS 

"Remind me why we gotta do this again?" Topper asks their mom.

"It's part of the junior service project. To think we're in the same grade now." Violet intervenes.

"Remember if anyone asks about where you went you were at the Constance Billard school in New York." Her mom nags.

"Yeah yeah and I got an internship and blah blah blah." Violet says, annoyed.

"Take the boat for a spin today, we didn't get it for nothing." Their mom instructs.

"Can I drive the boat?" Violet asks Topper.

"Hell no, you can't even drive a car." Topper says.

"You're no fun." Violet says, disappointed.

THE CHATEAU