Chapter 12

THE ISLAND 

"Did you just yeet over that chain?" Sarah asks, seeing John B on the ground. She didn't expect to see him until later this afternoon, where they would visit Chapel Hill a second time to get more information on Tannyhill. John B and Sarah had this weird thing going on where they weren't officially dating since she hadn't broken up with Topper yet.

"That's gotta hurt." Violet comments.

"Can you take me to the hospital?" John B says.

"Right now?" Sarah asks, he had a small wound but it wasn't life threatening, but he did get the scratch from the chain.

"Yeah, right now. That would be fantastic." John B says.

"Did you get your tetanus shot? Cause that chain is covered in your blood." Violet asks.

"Shut up!" Sarah says. They both help drag John B into Sarah's car.

"Hey d-do you see a car? Like a cop SUV? Blue and White maybe?" John B asks, hiding from the window. John B and Violet sat in the back of the car while Sarah was in front driving.

"Yeah, there is a blue and white cop SUV." Violet says, looking out the window.

"Shit. Do you see a guy with no neck?" John B asks.

"Yes there is a dude with no neck. There's a lady in an expensive suit with him too. Is she wearing Dior?" Violet says.

"On a social worker salary? No way!" Sarah asks.

"Okay, fine. Faux dior." Violet says.

"What are they doing?" He asks.

"Looking at the bike..Can you just go?! You drive like a grandma!" Violet rushes Sarah.

"Why are the cops after you? Did you rob a bank?" Sarah asks,

"You know its probably better if you don't know." John B says.

"What are you, like a fugitive John B?" Sarah asks.

"More like a refugee." John B says.

"Wait til' Topper finds out that you're harboring a fugitive." Violet says.

"Don't tell Topper- I swear to god." Sarah says.

"Chill out. If he had been nicer to me then maybe I would." Violet says.

"Take him to my house, it's closer than the hospital. My mom's a doctor anyways so we're basically a hospital." Violet adds.

"What about Topper?" Sarah asks.

"He's at the country club, playing golf with Rafe." Violet says.

"Fine, just take a left here, please. I gotta do something." John B says to Sarah. John B rushes out of the car to grab the photo of his dad that was on the ground and runs back into the car. 

"Hit it, Sancho." John B says to Sarah.

"You drive like a grandma." Violet says.

"You can't even drive." Sarah replies.

"I will soon. Step on it!" Violet commands.

"Who's that guy?" Violet asks, looking at John B's photo.

"That's my dad, Big John." John B says, knowing that there was a possibility they might be related, but he wasn't ready to tell her yet.

"You have his cheekbones." Violet comments, looking back and forth between John B and Big John.

"Uhhh.. thanks?" John B says, not knowing what to say.

"Thornton residence coming up." Sarah says, pulling into the driveway of Violet's house.