Chapter 39

TWENTY MINS AGO- BEFORE COMING TO THE GLISSON HOUSE

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Do I Wanna Know About Your Daddy Issues? (Do I Wanna Know x Daddy issues mashup) LINKED IN CHAPTER

Go ahead and cry little girl, nobody does it like you do

It felt like her entire world was falling apart. How could Ward Cameron kill her biological father?It didn't make sense. But knowing that the person who was responsible for it was Ward Cameron made everything more complicated than it should be.

She didn't know her father, but he knew her. Or at least he knew of her.

She never got the chance to know him, she was robbed of the chance to know him. And now she'll never know him. For the first time in a while, she had the same feeling she had after her grandmother had died.

I know how much it matters to you, I know that you got daddy issues

He didn't die of some natural cause, he was murdered. His life taken away over something as stupid as money and gold. Ward was already rich as fuck, why did he need more money? The fame and glory of finding the gold? Big John would've shared the credit wouldn't he?

She had been crying outside the house before she pulled herself together and went inside her room.

She pulled out her skincare fridge, which didn't hold skincare at all. But no one managed to look inside it anyways. In there were her last few bags of cocaine, along with her pill bottles and some weed.

She took out one of the bags and started put the white substance in lines on her vanity, she straightened the lines up with her credit card rolled up her twenty dollar bill afterwards.

She wanted to feel something else, something that wasn't grief or sadness. She didn't wanna die but she didn't want to live with the overwhelming waves of sadness that was coming into her head.

She took a deep breath and felt a tear rolling down her face, which dripped onto the vanity.

I didn't cry when you left at first, but now that you're dead it hurts. This time I gotta know, where did my daddy go?

Here goes nothing. Was the last sober thought in her head before she finished up the entire bag of cocaine. Unfortunately, she didn't only have one bag. She had several.

She didn't know how, but she somehow ended up on the footsteps of the Glisson House afterwards.

PRESENT- AT THE GLISSON HOUSE

"Violet?" Rafe asks, confused at why she was standing in the front door.

She walked in without saying a word, grabbed one of his hands and dragged him over to the couch. She pushed him down so that he was sitting down.

Violet sat right on top of his lap, and unbuttoned his shirt all the way down. His hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He was confused, but wasn't gonna question it.

Have you no idea that you're in deep? I've dreamt about you nearly every night this week. How many secrets can you keep?

"Look what I brought." Violet says, pulling out a small bag filled with cocaine. It was part of her secret stash that she had hidden in the house before rehab. Sure it was old, but it still worked. She tapped the bag, making sure that all the white substance wouldn't fly into the air once she opened it.

Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat, until I fall asleep.

She opened the bag and carefully drew a line onto Rafe's chest, she leaned in and sniffed the line. She needed to feel something else, anything else that wasn't the grief of the man she never knew or got the chance to know.