Chapter 49

THE CAMERON RESIDENCE

Violet had managed to wake up earlier than usual after sleeping over at Tannyhill. She got up bright and early to make smoothies. Everyone was stressed out about the situation and had not eaten for a while so she decided that it would be best for her to make smoothies for the family.

She had them all in disposable cups so no one had an excuse to not drink it- even if they were leaving the house.

She crushed up some Fentanyl and put them in one of the smoothies  for herself, and crushed up some of the Lorazepam Ward gave her in another- before giving the other three away.

She stood by the door of the porch, listening in. She took out her phone to try to record the conversation, but it was dead. She had used it as a flashlight during the search for John B last night.

 She had used it as a flashlight during the search for John B last night

"All I know is that John B is gonna get caught. They're gonna find him and he's gonna tell them everything." Ward says.

"Okay. They catch him. It's your word against his." Rose says.

"Okay fine, what about the ex-cons I took care of?" Ward asks.

"The ones that tried to blackmail and assault you? Well they're not talking to anybody." Rose asks.

"Okay." Ward says, panicking.

"Besides it's not a crime to defend yourself." Rose says.

"What I did to them, that was a crime. Believe me, okay? There are just too many loose threads.. Sarah's out there for all I know she's  down at the police station now!" Ward says

"If Sarah was talking to the police, don't you think they would be here right now?" Rose asks.

"Okay.. okay. What you don't understand is this.. all of this is my fault. Rafe is falling apart, okay? He just needs to last today before the rehab people come take him." Ward says.

"Yeah, I know." Rose says.

"What he did was because of me." Ward says.

"No. Ward no. Look at me, you do not bear responsibility for what Rafe did." Rose says, trying to calm Ward down.

"God damn it, Rose. I bear responsibility the boy is 16. I bear responsibility for all of it. And I don't know how to fix it. I'm out of moves," Ward says, stressed out.

"Okay, then we just gotta go. Come on, we can go to the Caribbean. We can go to the Bahamas the gold is there, let's go. We can go to Nassau. We'll get out. Yes- we have to." Rose says.

"I cannot! With the storm coming we can't leave until the end of next week! I can't run right now. If I run right now it looks like I'm guilty and I cannot leave without Sarah! I am not leaving without my little girl, okay? I won't." Ward says.

"No, that's it Ward. Oh my god. No. You're the concerned father, right?" Rose asks.

"I'm worried about my daughter.. she's out with a fugitive. What am I gonna say if they ask questions?" Ward realizes.