Chapter 31

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

BARRY'S PLACE

"Welcome to crackhead wasteland." Sarah says, as the Twinkie pulled up to Barry's place.

"I don't know about this, man." Pope says, nervous.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?" John B asks.

"This'll only take a second." JJ says, getting out of the Twinkie and approaching the run down house.

"Where are you going?" John B asks.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ says.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asks, as the Pogues and Sarah all watched JJ walk into the house.

"You know, somebody should probably.." Kiara says.

"Yeah, I got it." John B says, getting out of the Twinkie and following JJ inside.

"Right." Kie says.

John B went inside to see JJ tearing apart the cupboards inside Barry's house.

"I know you got a stash around here somewhere." JJ says, pulling the place apart.

"Yeah, so what's your plan slick?" John B asks.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye." JJ says, pulling apart the couch.

"That kind of got lost in translation." John B says.

"An eye for an eye, John B." JJ says.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's great JJ but what happens after you rob a drug dealer? Huh? He knows who we are! He knows Violet!" John B says, trying to stop JJ from doing something stupid.

"Well, I'm not scared of this guy." JJ scoffs.

"JJ don't-" John B says, following JJ to the bed room. Where JJ tore apart the closet and found a duffel bag. He opened it and emptied the contents onto the bed.

'What are you doing?" John B asks.

"Getting even!" JJ says, putting the money back in the bag and taking it.

"Hey, look at me. If you keep going down this road you're gonna end up just like your dad." John B says, trying to stop him.

JJ had told John B he was going to end up like his dad once, but John B ending up like his dad was meant that he would die. JJ becoming like his dad meant that he would be turning into him.

"You watch your mouth man." JJ says to John B, holding him up by the collar. He would never turn out like his dad, he made it a point not to. 

"Aren't you tired of being messed with?" JJ asks, sick of being the underdog

"That's not the point, JJ." John B says, looking at the bigger picture. There was 400 million in gold to get, and he wasn't losing track of the goal.