Chapter 53

A/N: PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END FOR *IMPORTANT* INFORMATION

DINNER — AT A RESTAURANT

"Violet!" Lily says, seeing Violet walk into the restaurant, she ran towards Violet, hugging her knees.

"See? I always keep a pinky promise." Violet says, smiling.

"I remember you. You're Prince Rafe!" Lily says, pointing to Rafe.

"Was starting to think you'd miss dinner." Dr. Thornton says, seeing her walk in with Rafe.

"Hey doc." Rafe says, politely smiling at Violet's mom. He pulled out the chair for Violet to sit down at and then took a seat himself.

"Have you seen Topper? He said he was coming to dinner." Her mom asks.

"No. Haven't seen him." Violet says, shaking her head.

"I have good news." Lily says, confidently.

"Yeah? What happened?" Violet asks.

"I'm staying!" Lily says, excited.

"Because of the storm, we had to postpone our flights." Her aunt says.

"Storm? I thought it was just gonna be heavy rain." Violet says.

"It's actually quite serious

"It's actually quite serious. You guys need to be home before it makes its way on the island tonight." Dr. Thornton says.

"It gets crazy this time of the year." Rafe says, chuckling.

"I'm gonna go to the ladies room for a bit." Violet says, rushing to the bathroom.

She took a deep breath.

She needed to get Rafe home and drugged before the storm came, so the rehab facility would be able to fly him out to New York— where the rehabilitation center was.

She started second guessing herself.

She remembered the feeling, the feeling of waking up and not knowing where she was. Thousands of miles away from home. In a different city, in a different state.

Alone and afraid.

Locked in a room and tied down like an animal for the first week. The withdrawals drove everyone insane, some more than others. Some got violent towards others, and some were only a threat to themselves.

No.

Violet couldn't do that to him. She held a lot of resentment against her family for throwing her into rehab against her will, even if she needed it. But she knew Rafe needed to get better. It would've been selfish of her to not let him go get the help he needed.