Chapter 45

THE THORNTON HOUSEHOLD- PART II

JJ had left the house and Violet was left there to deal with Rafe, and hopefully make sure that the plan goes through.

"Hey." Violet says, opening the door to see Rafe, who was sitting on her bed.

He looked stressed out. His face was red and glistening in sweat, it was clear that he had been crying again. All she wanted to do was to hug him and tell him everything was okay. But she knew she'd be lying to him, he needed help. And she couldn't give him all of the help he needed, so she had to lie to him. At least until they threw him into rehab.

"Did you- did you pick him?" Rafe asks.

"I chose you. I'll always choose you." Violet says.

She knew she was doing a double deal right now, and that meant that she was lying to one of them. She didn't know who she was lying to, at least not yet.

She knew that she would one day have to make a choice between the two boys, she just didn't know it would happen now. She just needed to "babysit him" until she can convince Ward to ship him off to rehab. Her rehab facility was all girls, but there was one nearby that was all boys.

"You did?" Rafe asks, surprised.

"Yeah, of course I would.. I know you, okay? This isn't the real you." Violet smiles, reaching for one of his hands and holding it.

"I stole my dying grandma's pain killers, one of the worst things I did." Violet admits, she had never told a soul. She hoped that he would come clean to her. The guilt she felt after her grandmother died was what drove her to the drugs.

"Why didn't you just tell me the truth?" She asks, it would have just been easier in the beginning.

"I- I did it, I was just trying to help my dad- you know? Maybe he'll look at me for once instead of Sarah

"I- I did it, I was just trying to help my dad- you know? Maybe he'll look at me for once instead of Sarah." Rafe stutters, his voice was shaking and his body was trembling.

"I know, I know." Violet says, nodding, she wrapped her arms around him and let him cry inside her arms.

"You're gonna be okay.. Ward's gonna take care of it." Violet says, holding him in her arms, she stroked his hair to calm him down.

She just needed him to not go crazy before she convinces Ward to send him to rehab. She knew Rafe desperately needed to go to rehab before he did something else that was dangerous- or died. He was never gonna willingly go to rehab, but he had no other choice left.

"You should go home, it's getting late." Violet says.

"C-can you come with me? I just don't wanna be by myself tonight." Rafe asks, his voice cracking.

"Yeah, of course." Violet says, comforting him.

THE CAMERON HOUSE

"Violet! It's good seeing you." Ward says, seeing Violet and Rafe walk through the door.