Chapter 27

THE CRAIN HOUSE 

JJ lets go of the rope to drop John B down the well as a joke.

"Uh oh!" JJ says, joking.

"You're gonna die first for sure." John B says, getting lowered down into the well.

"Alright just keep paying it out nice and slow like that." Pope says to JJ and Violet, who were helping with the rope.

"Here we go. Keep goin." John B says, as he was getting deeper into the well.

"Wait hold on one sec. I'm gonna get situated." JJ says, he was all the way at the end and had most of the rope. The pressure mostly fell on him. Violet was just making sure that Pope got the rope.

"You good?" Violet asks JJ, who seemed to be struggling a little bit. He slipped and fell from the pressure of John B in the well, which meant that the rope was now dropping John B.

"Oh shit!" Violet says. trying to hold onto it. The three were panicking, trying to not lose John B in the well.

"Oh jesus." Pope groans.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Violet comments.

"I never promised you anything John B!" JJ yells.

"I told you not to drop me!" John B yells from inside the well. He had a mini heart attack for a sec.

"You good man?" Pope asks John B, who was just dropped by them.

"What the hell was that?" John B asks.

"Little technical difficulties." Pope says.

"Keep going, slow." Pope says to JJ and Violet, who were both on edge now since they almost sent John B free falling into the well.

"We're gonna start paying you out again, alright?" Pope asks John B before lowering him down again.

"Wait why didn't I go down the well? I'm pretty sure I weigh less than John B. He's like a foot taller." Violet asks.

"Good idea." Pope mutters. They were all nervous, especially John B who had his life in the hands of his friends and sister, who weren't that strong.

"Keep going!" John B yells down from the well.

"Hey, we got fifteen feet left. Are you getting close to the bottom?" Pope asks.

"I can't tell." John B says.

"That's not good. Is there enough air down there? He could hallucinate if he doesn't have enough air." Violet says.

"Just keep the rope coming." Pope says as JJ grunted. He held the entire weight of John B in the rope and he wasn't doing so well.

"Stop!" John B yells from inside the well.

"I'm hanging over sewage water looking shit!" John B yells.

"You want back up?" Pope asks.

"Keep going? I guess?" John B says.

"Nice and slow." JJ says, lowering him down.

"Here we go." John B says, as he was going down into the muddy water, it smelled terrible.

"Okay, okay, I'm at the bottom." John B says, making them stop.

"How is it down there?" Pope asks. JJ, Violet and Pope were all looking down the well.

"It's worse than I thought." John B says.

"Find any gold?" JJ asks.

"Any bones, good sir?" Violet asks, faking a british accent.

"Nothin yet." John B says.