Chapter 37

MEANWHILE THEY WERE AT VIOLET'S HOUSE

WARD CAMERON'S BOAT

"John B I wanna be real honest with you right now. I'm gonna ask that you do the same for me." Ward Cameron says. John B and Ward had left early in the morning to go fishing, only to not find any fish at all by sunrise.

"Okay." John B says, not sure what this was about, probably Sarah.

"Yeah?" Ward asks.

"Yeah." John B says.

"First thing I have to do is apologize to you." Ward says.

"For what?" John B asks, the only thing he thought about was when Ward fired him.

"I told you to stop looking for the Royal Merchant Gold. And you didn't. God damn it, you found it." Ward Cameron says. John B was thrown off guard, the only person who could have told him about it was Sarah.

"I wish." John B says, lying. Ward started chuckling, John B knew something was up.

"You can play it that way if you want. I won't force your hand. But I know that you did." Ward says.

"And it's amazing. Sincerely it's unbelievable. 150 people looking for that goddamn gold. None of them found it, you found it." Ward continues.

"Here's the thing son, finding it? That's where your fun ends. That's where all your problems begin. Ones you haven't even thought of. Excavating it. You're probably trying that right now, if it's in water how do you get it up? If it's on land, on somebody's property and they catch you taking it? That's theft." Ward says.

"Jesus son, we are talking about a massive amount of gold, John." Ward pressures.

"You're sixteen years old, how are you gonna transport that gold? How are you gonna turn it to something in your bank account? Something that you can spend? You see what I'm saying here? You see the difficulties? That is what I'm talking about." Ward says.

"The real truth, the hard truth is that John, right now, you are way over your head. You need me. Let's do this together. I can make all those problems go away, that's my job." Ward says. John B knew something was up, and he needed to get off this boat.

"You and I will figure out an equitable split. I know you didn't do this on your own, you have friends that helped you, so we cut them in. Don't be so nervous. It's okay, alright? I'm just here to help you. All you gotta do is trust me. What do you say?" Ward says.

If someone has to tell you that you can trust them, it's a trap.

"Wanna do this?" Ward asks, putting a hand on John B's back.

"I don't know what you're talking about." John B says, trying to lie. But his silence before was all that Ward needed to know.

A FEW HOUR LATER AT THE WRECK - THE POGUES AND LILY

It was lunchtime and they were all at the Wreck for some food. The Pogues were all there hanging out with Violet and Lily. Violet's shift would be starting this evening before dinner, so they were all trying to make the most out of it.

"Is this part of your kingdom Prince JJ?" Lily asks, biting a french fry.

"Actually- it's a part of my palace. I'm princess Kie." Kiara says, crouching over and putting more fries on Lily's plate.

"Okay, princess Kie." Lily says, going back to her food.

"What's going on?" JJ whispers to Violet.

"Not here." Violet says.

"Hey Queen Lily, princess V is gonna go to the bathroom, you okay with staying here with the princes and princess pogies?" Violet asks, getting a nod from the child. Violet and JJ slowly snuck off.