Chapter 42

A/N: SONG OF THE CHAPTER ONLY APPLIES TO A CERTAIN PART

AT THE RUNWAY

"Hey. Hey. Hold still! It's okay, it's okay. Where is it? Where is it?" John B says, running over to Sheriff Peterkin's body.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" John B frantically whispers. He took off his bandana to apply pressure on her wound.

"Call! Call for help!" She gasps, telling John B to call for backup in the radio.

"Hey!" Rafe yells, seeing John B with the radio.

"Rafe! No! Rafe!" Ward yells, trying to prevent another casualty in this endless saga.

"Don't try it. Asshole." Rafe threatens John B.

"Rafe-- John B, give me the radio." Ward says.

"No." John B says.

"Give me the radio." Ward says, taking the radio away from Ward. Where was JJ and his gun when they needed it? Ward pries the radio away from John B's fingers, hoping that'll calm Rafe down. Sarah was breaking down over the situation.

"Rafe, I've got it. Calm down." Ward says, holding up the radio.

"Put the gun down, I got it." Ward says, trying to take the gun away from Rafe.

"Run." Sheriff Peterkin says, struggling to get the words out.

"I'm not leaving you." John B says.

"He can't do anything. I got you. You're okay." Ward says, trying to calm down Rafe. Who was out of his mind from the drug withdrawals.

Drug withdrawals are different for everyone. For Violet it was the constant pain and headache and nausea. For Rafe the withdrawals were driving him crazy, he was seeing things, hearing things, hallucinating. He was out of his mind.

"Run!" Sheriff Peterkin says.

"I'm sorry." John B says, with tears streaming down his face. He got up from her body and took a step back.

"Where are you going? Huh?!" Rafe yells, seeing John B get up.

"Run." Sarah says, putting her in between John B and her crazy family.

"Where are you going?! John B?" Rafe yells.

"No!" Sarah screams, trying to stop Rafe, but he broke through and fired two shots into the air in John B's direction.

"No! Please don't!" Sarah screams, trying to push Rafe away.

"Rafe no! Rafe! Rafe! Please!" Ward yells, holding Rafe back.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Sarah says, crying over Sheriff Peterkin's body.

"Dad, I was trying to-" Rafe says, getting cut off by his father. Even after what he did his father was paying attention to Sarah.

"Shut up!" Ward yells.

"Sarah!" Ward says, walking over to Sarah.

"What? No!" Sarah says, seeing her father approach her.

"Sarah I need you to get up." Ward says.

"She is dying!" Sarah screams through her tears.

"ENOUGH!" Ward yells at the two twins.

"What is wrong with you?" Sarah yells, with tears streaming down her face.

"Take your sister home." Ward says.

"What?" Rafe asks.

"You gotta get her home. Take her home." Ward says, putting his hands on Rafe's shoulder. Even now, he was still worried about Sarah.