Chapter 5

THE THORNTON RESIDENCE

"You killed a rooster?" Violet asks JJ. They'd both been awake for some time, it was too early to get outta bed anyways. JJ had been occasionally sneaking over and spending the night.

"I loved that rooster. I'm gonna miss him." JJ says, sad.

"I'll think of him the next time I have chicken tenders" Violet jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

"Shut up." JJ says.

"Make me." Violet teases.

"Oh yeah? You sure about that?" JJ threatens.

"When I was six, I had a tarantula. But I fed it a hamburger and it died." Violet says changing the topic.

"You had a tarantula? I would've guessed tiny dog in a purse with a little diamond collar." JJ jokes.

"Here, take him." Violet says, grabbing the teddy bear on her bed and throwing it at JJ who catches it.

"Who's this bad boy?" JJ asks, holding the teddy bear.

"It's Sir Lancelot. My best friend since kindergarten. You won't have to kill this one." Violet says, getting up and fluffing the pillows.

" Violet says, getting up and fluffing the pillows

"Put a shirt on you whore." Violet jokes, throwing his shirt at him.

"You didn't say that when you ripped it off last night." JJ says.

"I like the view just as much as anyone." Violet says, starting to make her bed,

"Mhm." He says, putting his shirt back on.

"It's not even 8 am yet, get back in bed." JJ whines, playing with the teddy bear.

"I have to go look for a job." Violet says.

"You don't even have to work, Princess." JJ says.

"Well, I want to be self sufficient, and plus I have nothing better to do." Violet says,

"I can think of something for us to do." JJ suggests, sitting up.

"You're gonna get me in trouble, but it's the good kinda trouble." She says, caressing his face. He grabs her by the waist and flips her on the bed.

"You know the deal." Violet says. JJ had to sneak in and out before Topper, or anyone in her family would notice, or else it wasn't gonna work.

"Rules are made to be broken. That's why they have them in the first place." JJ whines. 

"Well, my dear frienemy with benefits, unless you want Topper to throw you out the window, I'm afraid we have to say our goodbyes before the beast wakes up." Violet says. JJ groans, but he knew what he had to do.