Chapter 14

A/N: I tried to mimic the gossip girl Thanksgiving scene, I'm not sure if I did it justice haha it kinda was hard to write this chapter. It was supposed to be messy and all over the place

(Song of the Chapter: Whatcha Say by Jason Derulo)

MIDSUMMERS PT. II 

THE COUNTRY CLUB

"Da-dad?" Topper asks, stunned at the sight of their dad, who was in the middle of a conversation

"Da-dad?" Topper asks, stunned at the sight of their dad, who was in the middle of a conversation. He was supposed to be doing Doctors without Borders overseas and they didn't expect to see him back for Midsummers, especially back so soon.

"Oh yeah, we're definitely getting fucked up tonight." Violet mutters under her breath as she trailed behind her brother.

"I thought you were overseas?" Violet asks, shocked.

"The program ended early." Their dad says, not saying much as they all took their seat at the dinner table. 

Topper sat next to Sarah across from Kelce, Rafe and Violet who were all sitting together. All the teens sat together in one end of the table while their parents sat on the other end. Except Kiara who stayed with her parents since she didn't want anything to do with the Kooks.

Topper had just learned the truth about their parents' split and their dad had just came back into town. From family drama to relationship drama, everything seemed to have bad timing these days.

Mmm whatcha say, mmm that you only meant well?

"You didn't tell me your dad was back." Rafe says to Violet.

"I didn't know he was coming back, I just told Topper everything. He's gonna explode soon." Violet says.

"Told him what?" Rafe asks, curious.

"That my mom had an affair." Violet whispers, avoiding the details.

Well of course you did

"Okay, everyone. I would like to make a toast." Ward Cameron announces to everyone.

"To friends, family and tradition." Ward announces, everyone claps and drinks their champagne without a care in the world.

"What's the matter? Does the smoked salmon make you nauseous?" Violet comments, noticing her mom was quieter than usual, probably because her ex-husband showed up and was sitting right next to her.

"I'm feeling a little bit under the weather." Her mom says, lying to save face.

"Of course you do, that double shift really did a number on you." Violet comments.